Front Freewheels

*BOOTHY*

Right my freewheel is about to die so I was wondering which one I should purchase? I know the Eno is going to be a favourite but is there any others that are good? I have been offered a brand new tryall 108.9 but I dont know if they are any good, so are they?

Thanks in advance

Jack (Y)

I feel that an ACS welded from tartybikes is fine, I've been riding with it for the past two months and it hasn't skipped once. I have been riding on it quite hard expecting it to skip ,still nothing is wrong. Also its a great budget buy at 18 quid, but then again if your feeling flush then buy a ENO industrys freewheel as theyre completly rebuildable and tartybikes stock the spare parts

So the best freewheel to get depends on how much you want to spend.

cheers,Nile

Right my freewheel is about to die so I was wondering which one I should purchase? I know the Eno is going to be a favourite but is there any others that are good? I have been offered a brand new tryall 108.9 but I dont know if they are any good, so are they?

Thanks in advance

Jack (Y)

Iv'e seen and heard an Try-All Freewheel, its amazing. I think they are the same price as the ENO the difference's are that the ENO is fully rebuildable but has less engagments and the Try-All is not rebuildable but has more engagments.

Im not the best person to advice you on this type of thing as I have never owned one of these freewheel's. I currently have a Tensile 18T or 20T I can't remember. I love it.

Good Luck in trials.

I hope this helps

Charlie

Edited by charlie >est<

well i've heard of tensile, monty and try-all all dying very quickly!

the only one that really gives you good quality, reliability and longevity is the ENO- nothing comes close IMO! I've had 2 (the first one did eventually die...but that was after nearly 2 years)..

get on ebay (~£60)

adam

Got monty for about 6 months, it skipped twice one day, but during normal ride, not when i was jumping etc. Loud and reliable for me, much cheaper than ENO or TryAll. Think also about tensile - its huge advantage its fully rebuildable construction. But my personal advice is go for hope or king ;p

new echo??? selectbikes.com have them in stock RIGHT NOW! pow. the engagments on mine seem propper solid.

oh no wait, uk echo importers (tarty/select) arent aloud to sell them cause onza own the rights on the shimano removal bit that echo put on theres. woops.

Edited by James_Porter

Wades Cycles, one of the uk top dedicated downhill/street/dirt jump bike shops, got sent a load of trials gear (TryAll rims, 108 freewheels, stems, bars, tyres, White Industries ENO freewheel) by mistake from their regular distributor of street bike gear. Justin (owner) will give you a deal rather than deal with the aggro/hassle of sending everything back, so check them out. its basically first come, first serve basis. i picked up an ENO freewheel for sixty quid. give Wades Cycles a call on 020 8504 5033. whilst stocks last!!