Room 101

RR_Trials

People that dont understand what a word means, yet use it as often as possible... example.. emo

I know a girl who constantly calls me ignorant, but what she really means is arrogant, and when i tell her she means arrogant it makes me seem more arrogant, and then she tells me i am being even more ignorant (because i am correcting her and she really means arrogant), which of course makes her ignorant, because she is ignorant about the meaning of the words ignorant and arrogant.

Edit: therefore i would put her ignorance of the meaning of arrogance and ignorance in room 101. :)

Edited by philking

I know a girl who constantly calls me ignorant, but what she really means is arrogant, and when i tell her she means arrogant it makes me seem more arrogant, and then she tells me i am being even more ignorant (because i am correcting her and she really means arrogant), which of course makes her ignorant, because she is ignorant about the meaning of the words ignorant and arrogant.

Edit: therefore i would put her ignorance of the meaning of arrogance and ignorance in room 101. :)

Haha that's ace :D

Overpriced pubs, how can they get away with charging £3.40 for a warm pint of cider?

and also Chavs,

people who walk really slowly infront of you then just stop,

bad parkers- those who use 4 spaces at a time

driver who indicate left and then go right

fat people who think they're thin

those people who think they're better than everone else and wander about in Jack Wills yacht club rugby shirts and cordorouy trousers and 'boat shoes' C*NTS!!!

people who can't pronounce words, like Ambilance instead of Ambulance, brought instead of bought, excape instead of escape, Ostraya instead of Australia

the list goes on really...

(Y) (Y) (Y)

people who think food shopping is a day out, and decide to bring their entire family. there's not enough room for you and your 16 relatives to shop so don't f**king bring them.

people who think it's a good idea to let their 3 year old son push the trolley, then get annoyed when 'we' bump into 'them'

people.

That's relative :P

Will it make you feel better to know that this adaptation may well bring attention to the original intention? Where as no adaptation may well have meant no attention to the orignal intention that you place value upon.

It would make me feel better if I thought that people would know that room 101 was from the novel, but most don't, hence it won't draw any more attention to the point, unfortunately.

People who bring what i view as unneccesary 'knowlege' to make them seem intelligent, just because they've recently learnt it in school/college/university.

People who buy sports cars but drive in a manner that warrants a Suzuki.

Slow walkers.

People not thanking you for holding doors/letting you in ques/letting you through roads.

Arrogance.

People in general actually!

It would make me feel better if I thought that people would know that room 101 was from the novel, but most don't, hence it won't draw any more attention to the point, unfortunately.

It just did though, albeit through your reaction. I think it's more likely to occur than not when the relationship exists. Regardless of popularised difference. I'm sure you enjoy many things of a similar 'nature' that have been watered down or altered from some other 'original' source?

I must emphasise that I'm only messing with you :)

I guess my room 101 is relativity, in the sense of it not being known or understood or it being forgotten. I include myself in that. Basically if everyone brought relativity into each of their judgements I think we'd probably have a lot less disagreement and a lot more harmony and understanding of each other.

In a lot of senses, all the shoulds, rights and wrongs would be realised as fairly meaningless, or would at least be understood regarding their limitations in the senses that they can meaningfully work.

People who bring what i view as unneccesary 'knowlege' to make them seem intelligent, just because they've recently learnt it in school/college/university.

People who buy sports cars but drive in a manner that warrants a Suzuki.

Slow walkers.

People not thanking you for holding doors/letting you in ques/letting you through roads.

Arrogance.

People in general actually!

I had to pick something, I picked this :P

P.S. read it 4 years ago now, off my own back.

It just did though, albeit through your reaction. I think it's more likely to occur than not when the relationship exists. Regardless of popularised difference. I'm sure you enjoy many things of a similar 'nature' that have been watered down or altered from some other 'original' source?

I must emphasise that I'm only messing with you :)

I guess my room 101 is relativity, in the sense of it not being known or understood or it being forgotten. I include myself in that. Basically if everyone brought relativity into each of their judgements I think we'd probably have a lot less disagreement and a lot more harmony and understanding of each other.

In a lot of senses, all the shoulds, rights and wrongs would be realised as fairly meaningless, or would at least be understood regarding their limitations in the senses that they can meaningfully work.

To be fair, I chose that cos I was messing too, but the more I think about it the more I realise I actually care.

I had to pick something, I picked this :P

P.S. read it 4 years ago now, off my own back.

To be fair, I chose that cos I was messing too, but the more I think about it the more I realise I actually care.

I feel you're paranoid...

My post had nothing to do with what you wrote.

People that park and turn their wheels INTO the road...so instead of a car slightly scratching it and sorting it out with a cheapist paint job...you hit the wheel, f**k the axle and more then likely write the car off...

People that park and turn their wheels INTO the road...so instead of a car slightly scratching it and sorting it out with a cheapist paint job...you hit the wheel, f**k the axle and more then likely write the car off...

Does this happen? :blink: Their wheels would have to be sticking out a long way for you to hit them.

Erm, i have another - when my dad drives in the dark he tuns his headlights off full beam when he goes round corners, even if there is nothing coming. Now that really annoys me because going round corners is when you most need your headlights on full. If i ask him why, he says its an old habit and gets all defensive, even though he has only started doing it in the last year or so! ARGH it pisses me off sooooo much!!

bad parkers- those who use 4 spaces at a time

I can forgive someone for being crap at parking, it's people with expensive cars who with intent and beastliness of forethought, purposely use two spaces so no one parks too near and risks dinging their doors.

fat people who think they're thin

Add to that thin people who think they're fat. "Oh, I'm having a fat day!" Yes, and you still weigh 8 stone and are 6'2".

people who can't pronounce words, like Ambilance instead of Ambulance, brought instead of bought, excape instead of escape, Ostraya instead of Australia

Or the newest one I've heard 'Aksk' It's making a simple word much harder to say! I think that a large portion of society these days - pandered to by a media which focuses on the lowest common denominator - look down on education and a desire to better themselves. They go on 'reality' and 'talk' shows and say how they're just 'being themselves' when they don't realise that 'themselves' is a rubbish concept. It's not a question of knowing which fork to use for the fish course, or the correct address for an Arch Bishop, but how you present yourself to the outside world. Doubley so when text is so widely used these days for communication. Any text I receive (or forum post come to that...) which went something like "yer yer, im so up4it!!!!" means that person obviously has the IQ of a raisin, and should be supervised when using scissors. Using txt talk, or just plain bad English, is about as cute and interesting as dotting all your letter 'i's with a smiley face. Speaking of bad writing hates...

PEOPLE WHO QUOTE AN ENTIRE POST, MAKE THE PART THEY'RE RESPONDING TO BOLD, AND THEN ADD THEIR COMMENT AT THE END! It's quicker just to delete the bits you're not responding to, and it makes the thread easier to read. Also people who quote a whole post and then add "Yer :D" at the end. You don't need to quote a whole post to show your support or agreement if you have nothing further to add!

Oh, and excessive punctuation, that's annoying too!!!!!!!!!

</irony>

EDIT: Oh, and strong coffee is espresso, not expresso!