Lightest Bike

Do you think it matters how light the bike is ?? Does it ride better ?

Ben

hi mate i ride an xtp and thats quite like but i dont think it matters as much as how long the bike is. i think a long bike rides better

cheers :rolleyes:

hi mate i ride an xtp and thats quite like but i dont think it matters as much as how long the bike is. i think a long bike rides better

cheers :rolleyes:

Thats a good point, but geometry and components effect the feel of a bike aswell, most well built trials bikes are light, my pitbull is quite light but with lightness comes the strength factor, strength or light? although strong can be light aswell, obviously more expensive bikes tend to be lighter to. Back to your point though, i think if your a good rider you could ride most bikes well, heavy or not. Ben G WST

Thats a good point, but geometry and components effect the feel of a bike aswell, most well built trials bikes are light, my pitbull is quite light but with lightness comes the strength factor, strength or light? although strong can be light aswell, obviously more expensive bikes tend to be lighter to. Back to your point though, i think if your a good rider you could ride most bikes well, heavy or not. Ben G WST

True but abit back now there was a topic about removing paint. There is not that much of a need on a trials bike to remove the paint to make it lighter is there ?

Ben

well to be honest my front end on my STOCK feels lighter than my mates monty TI work that out hes got carbon spacers and ti forks and ti spokes/nipples but my bike prob weighs around the same as a ti which im happy with :P

weight does play a big part in this game i find it much easier to get up things with the bike i have now than my old onza t rex (a tank)

but if you just do simple things like swap your dh tube for a skinny one or change your cassette to a single speed or rear mech to a tensioner you will notice the difference

i think if you have a light front end and the rear that little bit heavier than the front you got it sorted imo because when you drop and that yo obviously want the rear end to lande first

hope this helps

well to be honest my front end on my STOCK feels lighter than my mates monty TI work that out hes got carbon spacers and ti forks and ti spokes/nipples but my bike prob weighs around the same as a ti which im happy with :P

weight does play a big part in this game i find it much easier to get up things with the bike i have now than my old onza t rex (a tank)

but if you just do simple things like swap your dh tube for a skinny one or change your cassette to a single speed or rear mech to a tensioner you will notice the difference

i think if you have a light front end and the rear that little bit heavier than the front you got it sorted imo because when you drop and that yo obviously want the rear end to lande first

hope this helps

Yer it does thanks, i always woundered what people do to make things lighter :D

Ben

You can also do that by moving your arms/legs, no need to put sand in the rear wheel :P

Lightest mod is probably the 221Ti, lightest stock - V-Racing?

hope this helps

Should'nt realy say this since i ride a monty but i have found that they are light but things break on them alot. I have a 221pr and like it but its cost me so much money and nearly every one wih a Ti i no has snapped there forks. Other than that they are brilliant light bikes.

Sam

Should'nt realy say this since i ride a monty but i have found that they are light but things break on them alot. I have a 221pr and like it but its cost me so much money and nearly every one wih a Ti i no has snapped there forks. Other than that they are brilliant light bikes.

Sam

What i dont understand is you say most people snap there ti forks, yet people like javi alonso etc have not snaped there forks, and they will be doing bigger moves, i havnt snapped mine yet <_<

Adam.

im not sayin that montys are crap and that, there very nice bikes to ride and all but i do think matt bird has cracked his forks on his monty ti

i just wouldnt have a monty as im so tall its like a monkey bike for me

What i dont understand is you say most people snap there ti forks, yet people like javi alonso etc have not snaped there forks, and they will be doing bigger moves, i havnt snapped mine yet <_<

Adam.

they get new forks whenever they need them - probably before every comp. and they'll most likely have specific bikes for practice and comp riding. just cos a pro runs something and does big moves doesn't make it strong

I personally think that a lighter bike only really makes a big difference in comps. On streety stuff it really shouldn't matter how light the bike is (within reason) and in fact a slightly heavier bike ought to equate to a bit more material and hence strength and lifespan. However in comps where you're going to be hauling the bike around in 2 minute sections all day then you will of course use less energy chucking a light bike around than a heavy one. Having said that, a good technique will also mean using less energy used.

I ride local comps and the occasional national and am perfectly happy lugging round my 221Pr rather than a Ti because I ride the bike on street and practicing in between and don't plan to change bikes every 5 minutes!

Dave

Nothing i just wanted to be polite by replying that i agree with you then stating another fact :)

Ben

fair enuf. trials riders are to showy though, so sometimes appearence is more important than weight to some riders, lol.

i personally dont think that a lighter bike neciseraly rides better

i personally prefere riding shorter bikes and weight doesnt bother be as my bmx is a bit of a brick

wich is why im looking for a shorter frame for my next trials bike because i think my t-pro is an ok weight but its so long for my liking

i personally dont think that a lighter bike neciseraly rides better

i personally prefere riding shorter bikes and weight doesnt bother be as my bmx is a bit of a brick

wich is why im looking for a shorter frame for my next trials bike because i think my t-pro is an ok weight but its so long for my liking

you need a monty then, 221 or summit, 1000mm wheelbase if i'm right, v short