Probably... The Best Zoot In The World

Tomm

First take one normal Zoot frame (thanks to Gazmaz for that one (Y) )

Then I just had to take the masking tape off, wet 'n' dry it again and laquer it. And then build it, obviously :D

wet n dry it it? does that mean sand paper it? or wash it lol

also it looks better sanded than wen it was new:P

wet n dry it it? does that mean sand paper it? or wash it lol

It's like sand paper but you can use it with water to make it a bit easier. The one I was using was super fine (3200 grit I think), just to get something for the paint to stick to.

f***ing good job there mate! Looks awesome and so simple, sort of...may do the same with my zona, because all the onza paint jobs seem so god awful...

Steve x

oh and bytheway you have actually made a zoot look good - didnt ever think that would be possible...

Edited by STEVE-0

Ok, does anyone have any vids of a zoot being used in anger? Also, I take it they're MTB spacing? Surely it would make more sense for them to be mod spacing? I'd be quite tempted by one if they could do that (and maybe a rear disc mount...).

Anyhoo, looking pretty swish there. Don't think I'd like it for myself but certainly looks different! Good job on the masking too- looks very neat!

Dave

Thanks for all the replies. Now I've had it a while, I though I'd share my thoughts about it, since no-one has really done a proper review of the Zoot. I think some people think it's kind of a beginner bike in that it's only available as a full bike for ~£500. So I'm not sure how many people have ridden a Zoot done properly with Chris King, Middleburns, Avid Juicy up front etc.

Before the Zoot I had an Ashton ET (Snapped :( ) and before that a Leeson Fluid609 1040 (Stolen :( :( ). I'm gonna compare the Zoot to the Ashton just because it seems sensible since the Ashton is the archetypal 24.

I like the Zoot. It rides really well. I've been out a few times and I swear it's better than the Ashton ET in every way - apart from the obvious lack of a seat which is either an advantage or a disadvantage depending on how you look at it. I quite liked having a seat and I'm still not used to how low the Zoot is. Length-wise, it feels very similar to the Ashton, despite the fact that it's technically a bit longer. The biggest difference is not having a seat in between your legs to stabilise yourself. Yet I swear it's easier to spin too, which it shouldn't be - but the first few times I went for a 180 hop, I completely overdid it and spun too much.

Bunny hops seem to be dead easy - it doesn't need any convincing at all - it just goes. Sidehops are probably a bit easier due to the lower top-tube height but I've not noticed a massive difference. So basically: I like it a lot - I think it bunny hops, spins, sidehops and taps better than the Ashton.

Comparing this to the Leeson is difficult since it's been such a while since I rode one. I remember it being springy and pretty unique to ride, but in terms of the size of things I was riding, I don't think the Leeson had an advantage. Leesons are pretty heavy, too. Also, bear in mind that a Leeson is £400+ (with options) and I bought the Zoot for £100 (second hand of course - they're not available frame-only which is a shame). The only other problem is the rather cartoony blue + yellow graphics of the zoot - I solved that quite easily but it might be enough to put some people off.

Bottom line: This isn't a kids' bike, it's as good as anything else on the 24" market and it's certainly worth considering -Particularly if you want the geometry of a 24" bike with great standover.