The Musicians Thread?

Jed

You're getting a kit you've never heard or played?

Nutter.

You should go and listen to as many different kits as you can before you buy one!!! That way you get to look at the different hardware, see which is nicer quality, etc etc....

Just makes more sense in my opinion?

Lot more musicians than i first thought on here... Anyway question for the drummers. Anyone had a go on a mapex pro m as i will hopefully be gettin one soon.

Chars,

Jed.

I'd say (maybe arrogantly) being a musician is different from someone who just plays the odd bit of guitar (or some other instrument). I see a musician as someone who composes, absorbs themselves with music and is a true passion for them - i;d say someone who plays at home or just for a bit of fun is a (insert instrument) player?

I've been playing guitar for a while now, got a nice black Fender Strat with a maple neck. It's very swish. Really need to get round to buying some better amps cause mine are shot. My style is a cross between having no idea what i'm doing and trying to be David Gilmour, a very unique mix if you ask me. :rolleyes:

lol! ive got a marshall vavle state 2, 2x12 130watt with marshall black gold speakers init.

3 channels 1 clean, 2 distortion.:spec below

VS265

* 2x12'' 65 Watt per side stereo chorus combo

* All the superb three channel flexibility and features of the award winning VS100s

* Stereo Chorus assignable to Clean or Overdrive channels

* Built in Reverb

* Emulated Stereo Line Out

* Headphone output

* Supplied three way footswitch giving access to Clean/Overdrive, Overdrive 1/ Overdrive 2 and Chorus on/off switching

insanely loud! enough to play a medium size gig with out being mic'ed! includes the original 3 way foot switch.

would you be interested? if soo drop me a pm!

cheers Reece

hey i play guitar i have a dean dimebag ml and a squire strat lol heres a little myspace video of me shreading and il link my band later .

my video

erm gonna sound like an arse but that run'y bit was terrible, like 4 different keys and you try to play faster than you can. slow down abit, learn a few more scales and it would sound a lot better.

oh and to add to the thread, i play guitar, ibanez rg series, a squier which plays really nicely :S, marshall amp and a line 6 pod xt live.

by the way i have a cry baby for sale. mid eightys version in great cond, and with orginal box. want 50 quid for it.

You're getting a kit you've never heard or played?

Nutter.

You should go and listen to as many different kits as you can before you buy one!!! That way you get to look at the different hardware, see which is nicer quality, etc etc....

Just makes more sense in my opinion?

I have heard the kit i will hopefully be getiing and i love it compared to my export. But i was asking on your opinions to value for money and quality.

Cheers.

Its Ok isn't it. Im not really a bass player, i just got hold of a bass and amp for my recordings. The P-Bass is an old Japanese one that i got cheap, so i just needed a little amp i could mic up to lay down some decent bass lines with. For a little valvestate thing its got quite a good tone.

Well I may as well join in and post my rig up.

• Schecter Blackjack (Seymour Duncans)
  • LTD K-500 (EMG's)
  • Mesa/Boogie F30
  • Keeley SD-1
  • Boss CH-1
  • Dunlop Crybaby
There's so much more stuff I want to get, but when you're trying to save for a house it becomes difficult to justify dropping thousands of pounds on guitars!

CIMG0193.jpg

Its Ok isn't it. Im not really a bass player, i just got hold of a bass and amp for my recordings. The P-Bass is an old Japanese one that i got cheap, so i just needed a little amp i could mic up to lay down some decent bass lines with. For a little valvestate thing its got quite a good tone.

Yeah I really liked it, hence buying it :P

However I use a peavey grind bass. Its alright, nothing too special, quality is good though