The Musicians Thread?

Jed

There was a guitar thread. Was gonna try teach myself a while ago. Never got round to it :/

Gonna' pay for lessons soon though.

Always good too start with lessons but after a while i found i wasn't learning anything that was stretching so stop lessons after 2 yrs. But now started them again as i get them free 'cause im doing GCSE music.

Drums are by far better than guitar. ^_^

lol! agreed!! altho i do play a little bit of guitar every now n then but manly just messin about.

but im a drummer at heart and have been for many years (Y)

love it, miss the giging though!

heres a pic from bout 4/5 years ago

post-7532-1181752100_thumb.jpg

I'm a drummer and a pianist =]

2 pictures of the drum kit here, and my digital piano is currently apart, and my old soon-to-be-gone acoustic upright downstairs isn't worth taking photos of. I'm getting a grand piano soon though, i just need to raise some money first!

Oh and yeah I do have a new crash cymbal, i dont use that crappy broken Stagg anymore.

post-3451-1181752650_thumb.jpg

post-3451-1181752678_thumb.jpg

I'm a drummer and a pianist =]

2 pictures of the drum kit here, and my digital piano is currently apart, and my old soon-to-be-gone acoustic upright downstairs isn't worth taking photos of. I'm getting a grand piano soon though, i just need to raise some money first!

Oh and yeah I do have a new crash cymbal, i dont use that crappy broken Stagg anymore.

Looks nice just replace a few of the crappier cymbals to keep up with the lush kit.. what head combo you using?

electric or acoustic?

i'd hav to say a bit of both, but prefer acoustic mainly due to being a drummer just prefer the sound.

i guess you could use the word 'fresh' may sound bit odd but hey, lol! also the fact u can just pick it up and away u go no need for electricity.

i'd hav to say a bit of both, but prefer acoustic mainly due to being a drummer just prefer the sound.

i guess you could use the word 'fresh' may sound bit odd but hey, lol! also the fact u can just pick it up and away u go no need for electricity.

I hate electric kits so much... the stupidly expensive are a bit of fun and nice to play... but the cheap one's (which is like under a grand!) are rank to play.

I'm a Session Musician =)

Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys, Flute, Trumpet, Tube, Mixing, Live Dubbing etc etc

The whole deal :|

nice1, good goin!!

nice range u got there aswell (Y)

fair play!!

i thought bout mayb trying to do session wrk but i'm not too good at sight reading, can if i take a while to look and practice it but not straight off!

i guess theres prob some session wrk that doesnt require readin sheet music but just improvisation, am i right in thinking that!?

Looks nice just replace a few of the crappier cymbals to keep up with the lush kit.. what head combo you using?

Money talks i'm afraid!

I replaced that crash with a 16" A custom, and everything else I'm happy with to be honest. The 17" Paiste is a bit trashy but i'm losing it for a nice 18" AAX when I can afford it.

I've got Remo Ambassadors on both heads, and an Ambassador coated on the snare. It's an older picture though, and i've replaced the bass drum head with an Evans EMAD2 which is bloody awesome!

Money talks i'm afraid!

I replaced that crash with a 16" A custom, and everything else I'm happy with to be honest. The 17" Paiste is a bit trashy but i'm losing it for a nice 18" AAX when I can afford it.

I've got Remo Ambassadors on both heads, and an Ambassador coated on the snare. It's an older picture though, and i've replaced the bass drum head with an Evans EMAD2 which is bloody awesome!

Sounding nice then! I've had my EMAD for a while now and its a beast.. though i may be tempted for the new remo bass head for my next one.

Used to play the violin and keyboard/ piano when i was in primary school, was shit at violin so gave that up then gave keyboard up after 2 years.

Ive been temopted a few times to learn the drums but i dont have the get up an go attitude to do it. lol