France This Summer (july/august)

OK as Stan has provided dates of non comps I think we can go for the 26th of August?

Ill see what Matt B says about the ghit's and I might drive as well will, so mucho roomo for people needing lifts!

Ill post when I find out about accomodation, but for now, get saving! :D

I'm saved! If there is no room, which by the sounds of it there is plenty. Then I could drive down, but that'd be as a last resort as I have only been driving for a few months and my car is abit of a banger. Hope it's okay that I do come, who is the main organiser?

I'm saved! If there is no room, which by the sounds of it there is plenty. Then I could drive down, but that'd be as a last resort as I have only been driving for a few months and my car is abit of a banger. Hope it's okay that I do come, who is the main organiser?

will. its all will :)

I'm out, then, guys :( . Got a family holiday to attend to. Oh well...

Roll on Koxx Days '08, i suppose :D !

Oh, and, Matt, don't worry about not knowing any of these guys. You will soon fit in, for sure - and they're all top lads (Y) ! Watch your ass at night, though, 'caus most of them will be drooling at the thought of robbing your anal virginity :) .

Cheers,

Joe.

OK I kind of have good news people :)

After much internet trawling, I have found the 2 closest places to stay, Both roughly the same distance from buthiers. Ill split this into good news and bad news.

PLAN A

OK the bad news is, that its about 20km away from buthiers itself. Also instead of a gite, I found F1 traveldoges. For those of you who didn't have the pleasure. Imagine a british travelodge, then halve the size and take away the kettle. Very compact, very basic accomodation - but not unclean, messy, dirty uncomforatable etc. These places aren't shit tips honestly lol :S

OK now the good news. This may attract more people actually...

The good side is that its 28€ per night for up to 3 people! That means if 3 people share a room, thats just under 9€ a night. Or about £6 PER NIGHT. I know campsites that charge more than this, and they dont have a TV. so if we went for 6 days...well £35 isn't it.

Nemours F1

Slightly further away: Fountaine Bleu

PLAN B

Will found this: Gite Its got 3 rooms on 2 people sharing a room. However if Im reading it right....its 390€ PER PERSON per week? Unless someone can translate it more accurately so that it says 390€ for 6 people....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so plan is to meet in dover on the 26th, get an early ferry and drive down to arrive at the travellodge late at night on the 26th. stay for 6 days (or more if you guys want to? please discuss) then bugger off back :)

As for sailing Im looking into that. I want to be in france resonably early because it took us a while to drive down there last time ( :rolleyes: ) The cheapest Ive found totals about £65. Outwards sail is £45, a return sail of £19 :S

so, so far, £65 for a sailing, £35 for the F1 travellodge... £100 to live there. The only other costs are food, and fuel :)

To make it easier Ill compile a list of people going to confirm numbers, so If you're still 100% interested. Committ now, bring a few friends and Ill add you to the badger days list!

**BADGER DAYS 2007**

Matt Everett

Will Arnold (whether he likes it or not)

Matt tupman

Mat Scopse - :pending:

Edited by PaRtZ

that is incorrect. We're going to calais on the 26th (very early in the morning) and going back we're going dunkirk to dover

seriously, itll be good fun I promise! :D We can meet up in france or wait for you if you want :)

that is incorrect. We're going to calais on the 26th (very early in the morning) and going back we're going dunkirk to dover

seriously, itll be good fun I promise! :D We can meet up in france or wait for you if you want :)

ahh.. none of us have got cars so if you were getting the ferry to st.malo then a few jsy riders could just be cheekey and scrounge a lift from you lot there lol. But there are no jersey ferries to callais anyway :(

Also, I just realised i got my motorbike test on the 26th so im out, but i will speak to some other riders and see wat they rekon.

Will tell them to get back to you if theyre interested in going, so cheers anyway but i wont be going.

Cheers,

Hope you all have a good trip!

BUMP!!

Well if someone else from north wales goes, Ill drive too (at the moment its just will) that being the case Ill be able to fit another person + bike, maybe 2...

Come on guys! itll be awesome!

OK guys Last bump

Another cheaper alternative is to camp

Basically this means you wake up and the rocks are on your doorstep. The cost is yet to be worked out, but its cheap as chips lol

for those who are still going please say if you want to go into the travelodge or the camp site

BTW if you want to be added to the list, you have till the end of this week. I need to know numbers....

Edited by PaRtZ

Can you add me please if there's room for me to come down with you in a car or something as for the accomodation I'd personally rather stay at the travel lodge than tent. But if the general consensus is to camp then thats cool too. Just out of interest, what are minimum numbers you are planning to take over? Hope we can still make it.

minimum = me + will lol so theres no issure on that. Just would be nice if a few more of us from the UK went too :)

Mat Ill let you know if theres room by the end of the week. Also as wills revamping his car it means im driving so i can fit more gear + bike in :)

This sounds VERY tempting, but the problem is that i would have to try and book a week off work, and what with me just starting it may be difficult, but i may try.

Just thinking also that i am sure i read somewhere that you have to be over 21 to drive in europe.....

Adam

This sounds VERY tempting, but the problem is that i would have to try and book a week off work, and what with me just starting it may be difficult, but i may try.

Just thinking also that i am sure i read somewhere that you have to be over 21 to drive in europe.....

Adam

Im a million % positive its 18 :P because I went when I was 18 andddd:

Halfway down on the left

we're gna leave dover on the morning of the 26th and be back in england late at night on the 2nd :(

Mat scopse Im afraid josh has taken the last seat in the car...the however is if 2 other lads go too, then someone will else will have to drive meaning there should be room in the second car...