Cocky Solo Sessions

Dman

8 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

First tap on the drum beat. YES.

Loved that you even spotted that rear wheel on arm rest line.

But! Jabbing your brake like that on manuals is as bad as BCs. 

Although I see the point you're making, if it was a longer manual I'd have to be fully off the brake for just a short one like that to me it doesn't really matter at all. 

I'm not going to alter my riding to please Ali and his fan zone :D

BC's are a part of trials now get over it. 

Also Drizzly clips from today up tomorrow at some point in the evening. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

So. Dialled.

Apart from that up to back @0.41. Nearly f**ked that shit up.

Ha, yeah I was fighting for grip on that rounded edge hence my slower than usual decent off the other side. 

A wise @Ali C once told me that if you ride as if there is grip there then you'll find grip, if you ride as if there is no grip you will most likely slip. So I tried to just get on with the riding at that spot and it did work for the most part. Even the wet marble bench tops had more grip.  

Though it did actually dry out in areas for us quite well in the end. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Clownbike said:

@COCKY

Could you confirm the brake set up you're running?

Many thanks

Neil

Yes. 

Edit: Maybe my humour isn't great. 

Rear

Brake : Shimano Saint m810 (though I would run a 20 or a zee) 

Adaptor: Hope 

Rotor : RT(NOT ICETECH) 

Pads : BBB Discstop organic (though Aztek are very similar, you can buy on Tarty). The back of the pads have fabric plaster on them (if you cut your hand you'd stick a plaster on it <to save confusion) this is to stop pad rock as the pistons dig into this slightly. 

Front 

Brake: 

Adaptor: 

Rotor: 

Pads: 

Double edit, I was for a brief time running a Hope Tech 3 on Trialzone caliper with the same rotor,pad and adaptor setup to have a very similar feeling brake. If anything the Hope was a little keen with no modulation which is actually something people say they give you more of. 

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 2

On 24/02/2017 at 5:27 PM, Paperclip said:

Yes. 

Edit: Maybe my humour isn't great. 

Rear

Brake : Shimano Saint m810 (though I would run a 20 or a zee) 

Adaptor: Hope 

Rotor : RT(NOT ICETECH) 

Pads : BBB Discstop organic (though Aztek are very similar, you can buy on Tarty). The back of the pads have fabric plaster on them (if you cut your hand you'd stick a plaster on it <to save confusion) this is to stop pad rock as the pistons dig into this slightly. 

Front 

Brake: 

Adaptor: 

Rotor: 

Pads: 

Double edit, I was for a brief time running a Hope Tech 3 on Trialzone caliper with the same rotor,pad and adaptor setup to have a very similar feeling brake. If anything the Hope was a little keen with no modulation which is actually something people say they give you more of. 

Thanks - I run a similar set up on my rear, but don't seem to get the power that you can from it. 

I'll keep messing with it, thanks. 

Neil

14 hours ago, Clownbike said:

Thanks - I run a similar set up on my rear, but don't seem to get the power that you can from it. 

I'll keep messing with it, thanks. 

Neil

If it makes any difference it's bled up with Venom oil. Also I every once in a while stick a kettle worth of boiling water over the rotor and caliper, cleans it all off good and proper.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For those who are anyway interested there is a part 14.5 that is currently up on the Italian Street trial mentality page, I hadn't really seen it being much point uploading it onto vimeo with my shocking internet speeds at home and FB is quicker. 

Link here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Street-Trial-Mentality-715336801870170/videos/?ref=page_internal 

Part 15 I am hoping will be more clips and more of an edit over just raw stuff as previous. Something more along the lines of what I set out for in part 10. I have also got my eye currently on a few things which I am excited about going to try. 

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 3