Vocklaburck 2018 live stream Starts 15:00

Davetrials

I could only tolerate a few minutes and had to turn it off. About a quarter of a screen of actual video and the rest was giant adverts!! Shame as the 2017 coverage on youtube was excellent, although they never did upload footage from the finals in China which I was most annoyed with. 

• Like 1

Years back, I would have said it probably was too underground, but I don't think that is as much the case now. It seems to be more popular and respected than it ever has been before, and is more identifyable by more people than ever. Shame that the UCI still see trials as the ugly duckling of their genres and still cast it off to the side.  

• Like 2

A-Mazing!! Cheers!

Is it just me or are the sections really weirdly laid out? There doesn't seem to be any flow or structure like in mototrials etc. The guys seem to ride over one single obstacle, ride around the section a bit on the flat then ride over another single obstacle. Just seems to lack something. 

I get you, the sections don't seem to link up, seems there made of 5 big features, that being said of those 5 features every characteristic of riding trials is put to good use, power, balance ect..

bring back those hectic 1992 Japan itadori BIU sections, with ramps, rolling things, that was more like a game show

Vincent says no: 

"vincehermance

7th place at the @uci_trialsworld cup #1. Off the finals for the first time of my career because I took a 5 on a seesaw obstacle, yes a seesaw... How dumb is that lottery."

A few riders missed out on finals by getting 5's for missing gates/markers.  Not surprising with how weirdly laid out the UCI sections are now.  Doesn't exactly make it any easier for random spectators to follow either, and surely it's not that hard to make them a bit more of a 'track' or 'loop' or whatever.

• Like 2

I’ve been saying this for years, the UCI sections are dog turd...get up rock, get down rock, get up rock, get down rock, repeat.

tbf some sections are worse than others, I liked the vertical posts but even taping out the other sections so the audience knows where they’re going would help.

i think Vincent needs to vary up his riding a bit, surly the whole point of being a trials rider is to be able to ride anything out in front of you?? If he can’t ride a seesaw that’s his fault not the sections...has he forgotten the crazy sections in Japan where they had half pipes, swings and rolling barrels? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ali C said:

I liked the vertical posts but even taping out the other sections so the audience knows where they’re going would help

Yeah, that section was certainly the best of the bunch with the most "flow" to the route they took and seemed more about precision that just big power moves. The other sections though, I had no idea where they were going next! We need more sections like what was used in 'Under Pressure'! 

To be fair, I can see the issue they've got in the sense that they need to mark out various levels of section in one area, but they could surely work backwards from what the optimal doublehardbastard section would be.

On 12/07/2018 at 7:32 PM, that NBR dude said:

A-Mazing!! Cheers!

Is it just me or are the sections really weirdly laid out? There doesn't seem to be any flow or structure like in mototrials etc. The guys seem to ride over one single obstacle, ride around the section a bit on the flat then ride over another single obstacle. Just seems to lack something. 

On 13/07/2018 at 7:32 AM, Davetrials said:

I get you, the sections don't seem to link up, seems there made of 5 big features, that being said of those 5 features every characteristic of riding trials is put to good use, power, balance ect..

bring back those hectic 1992 Japan itadori BIU sections, with ramps, rolling things, that was more like a game show

Even my girlfriend noticed this and said it was shit. The events in Aalter,Val Di Sole etc were a much better viewing experience. For one they actually had coverage from inside the sections, following the rider as they progressed and showing all the close ups of the necessary precision required. That is what competition trials is all about right? So how is it beneficial for the cameraman to be perched up in a tower, with a single angle for the viewers to 'enjoy' is beyond me. Also I missed the Burton commentary, having him or someone else talk makes it a better watch. Hopefully he wont qualify at the next round and will commentate :P 

Edited by max-t

• 2 weeks later...