Onza Zoot: From Ghetto To Georgeo... Different!

monkeyseemonkeydo

Ok, so for messing about on I decided to give this 24" thing a go. Bought a Zoot off of Spunky Monkey Boy on here and, well, it was a bit of a heap to be honest so I had to pimp it up a bit. Let me know what you think.

From this... :(

post-3231-1188240293_thumb.jpg

post-3231-1188240403_thumb.jpg

To this... :)

dsc02295mediumhq0.jpg

dsc02298mediumwt6.jpg

dsc02299mediumnw5.jpg

Main changes are a new paint job (not 100% on the colour, expected something a little paler and lighter), Echo 07 rear hub, echo forged cranks, ENO, GU bash, modded threshold booster, Simtra stem and Adamant bars... think that's about it... Anyway, leave some comments please!

Big thanks to TartyBikes for sorting me out with all the bits (the stickers will be going on once the paint's dried :D)

Dave

Edit: Sorry for the poop pictures, will get some proper one's in daylight when I get the chance.

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

i just repeatedly came in my pants, thats f**king gorgeous

Haha, easy fella!!! Now I just need to sort out a new rear brake lever 'cos the body on mine's cracked and the lever blade's proper fooked... any offers?! Forgot to add the Viz white rim tape for pimp value...

Dave

Edit: Thanks to Samdoman for sorting me out with a brake :D

Haha, easy fella!!! Now I just need to sort out a new rear brake lever 'cos the body on mine's cracked and the lever blade's proper fooked... any offers?! Forgot to add the Viz white rim tape for pimp value...

Dave

well damn you, now i dont want a bmx, i want a zoot :angry:lol

Edited by elcristoff-t-pro

well damn you, now i dont want a bmx, i want a zoot :angry:lol

That's actually the main reason I'm trying 24". I used to ride BMX but always wanted to be able to do trialsy stuff as well. I reckon with this I can mess around down the skate park and play at more streety stuff with manuals, wall rides etc as well as doing the usual trials stuff. Still got the Monty PR for comps but will probably play on this most of the time between them.

Dave

Hi dave.

Looks much better now than it did before. How are you finding those adamant bars? WHat are they like with little to no rise?

Ride soon

Steve

Silly boy, you make it sound like I've actually ridden it!! Rear brake's a bit dead so won't really be able to play properly 'til Friday at the earliest. The Adamant bars are seriously low rise which is a bit annoying but hopefully with a few stem spacers it'll even itself out.

Your still riding your monty right Dave?

Dunno what I'd do if you stopped riding that little love machine.

Yeah, still rippin' the Monty, will keep it and ride it on natural and at comps but reckon I'll have more fun on the streets with the Zoot.

Silly boy, you make it sound like I've actually ridden it!! Rear brake's a bit dead so won't really be able to play properly 'til Friday at the earliest. The Adamant bars are seriously low rise which is a bit annoying but hopefully with a few stem spacers it'll even itself out.

Yeah, still rippin' the Monty, will keep it and ride it on natural and at comps but reckon I'll have more fun on the streets with the Zoot.

I resent that. lol. Are you up for riding friday evening? Poole or Sandbanks!

Let me know,

Steve

That's actually the main reason I'm trying 24". I used to ride BMX but always wanted to be able to do trialsy stuff as well. I reckon with this I can mess around down the skate park and play at more streety stuff with manuals, wall rides etc as well as doing the usual trials stuff. Still got the Monty PR for comps but will probably play on this most of the time between them.

Dave

The bike looks really nice, except for those bars. Invest in some 2" rise bars and it will make a big difference. 2" rise ea30s are just £17 on CRC too...

Have fun :)

The bike looks really nice, except for those bars. Invest in some 2" rise bars and it will make a big difference. 2" rise ea30s are just £17 on CRC too...

Have fun :)

I think you're right. The Zoot has lower bars than my Monty at the moment... even with about 20mm of stackers! Reckon the Adamant bars may go onto the Monty and I'll get some big rise beasts from CRC...

O yeasssss,

nicest zoot ive seen.

(Y)

nooooo, that one that was half white half black is muccchhh fitter, sorry :)

minge above beat me to it :(

in an ideal world - azonic 2.5 inch single walls ..... ( heavenly until they snap !! )

what about DMR wingbars, there quite nice

Edited by elcristoff-t-pro

what about DMR wingbars, there quite nice

What's the concensus on bars? Would need to be 31.8 clamp and preferably have the same sort of sweep and rise as Onza Carbon risers (!). Are Easton EA30/50's strong enough for trials stuff? What about the Wingbars as mentioned above? Other options?

Daylight pic:

n535655532_1284844_5794.jpg

Dave