My 9ft Gap

Ryan Blackwell

Dont worry lol hes messing hes one of my mates :)

16 by the way man

Lol sound!

16 :o

Nice one, can't wait till your next vid! Only thing I can suggest (if i'm allowed) is I noticed that you take away quite far from the edge, try learning to pinch gap and I beleive you could add atleast another 6" onto your gapping ;)

But you cheated in how you measured it, you started measureing from the grass not the curb bit. And its down hill by looks of it :P but pritty impressive.

I know it dose seem like that lol but there was about 4-5 inchs of grass i added on but when you get to the 9ft mark theres about 4-5 inches left over so i put it down as 9ft

If you check the video again you'll see that you gapped further away from where you measured and that you didn't measure from curb to curb properly and that you didn't measure across straight. You did it at an angle making the cap bigger than it is!

Fair play, it was big. But don't push it with cheating!

Someone hand him a TF tape measure.

If you check the video again you'll see that you gapped further away from where you measured and that you didn't measure from curb to curb properly and that you didn't measure across straight. You did it at an angle making the cap bigger than it is!

Fair play, it was big. But don't push it with cheating!

Someone hand him a TF tape measure.

Oh dear lol erm ill have to go out and video it again sunday its hard to messure it how it was as its on the corner but ill video the gap with the tape messure out whilst i gap, also the reason the messure wasent dead streight is because that was the angle i gapped at but yeah ill record it again this sunday.

That is huuuuge.

Technique wise, I think that taking off far away from the edge and rolling gives you a bit of momentum, also going sideways allows you to swing your hips which increases how far you gap.

I don't think it looks particularly nice but if thats what you have to do to gap 9ft, then fair enough. I would much prefer do like a 6ft gap really smooth, then do it back to front wheel or something, but each to their own I suppose.

I don't think it looks particularly nice but if thats what you have to do to gap 9ft, then fair enough. I would much prefer do like a 6ft gap really smooth, then do it back to front wheel or something, but each to their own I suppose.

Fair play but...

Thats absolute bollocks, your only saying that because you can't gap 9 ft ;)

Seriously you can't beat the feeling of landing a 9ft or bigger flat gap, beats the shit out landing smooth, your not arsed how harsh you land when you do it! Infact to me, the harsher the better.

Actually I may have misunderstood what your on about.

Fair play but...

Thats absolute bollocks, your only saying that because you can't gap 9 ft ;)

Seriously you can't beat the feeling of landing a 9ft or bigger flat gap, beats the shit out landing smooth, your not arsed how harsh you land when you do it! Infact to me, the harsher the better.

Actually I may have misunderstood what your on about.

That's absaloutely true, I can't gap 9ft. But I like to think that when I gap 6ft....I do it smoothly and with style. That means more to me.

Different people ride for different ways/reasons, landing harsh or sketchy is completely style-less and horrible to watch IMO. (not that Ryan did).

Edited by Alex-Mitchinson

That's absaloutely true, I can't gap 9ft. But I like to think that when I gap 6ft....I do it smoothly and with style. That means more to me.

Different people ride for different ways/reasons, landing harsh or sketchy is completely style-less and horrible to watch IMO. (not that Ryan did).

Sound, I used to love riding smooth, and was very good at it even when I could gap nearly 8ft, When you push yourself past that, you do start getting less smooth... I don't know why, but I do get alot of satisfaction out of hearing a loud bang when I land a 9ft + gap, same as when I land off a big drop gap and it makes a BOINGGGG noise :P A good riders style and technique shouldn't change much according to the size of the gap, mine doesn't change much, just abit more preload, jump/height and more power put through the pedals. I want to watch myself gap :(

Haha what am I clogging this topic for :o

Sorry Ryan :P Keep up the brilliant riding!

But it wasnt a flat gap, you can tell from the clip its down hill.

Me think the dude should set up a pallet to pallet gap on the flat thats 9foot and let seeif he can gap 9foot truely :P

Yeah fair point, I find you get more spring from pallets, but thats just me being fussy! :P