Lights On Your Bike

(chief)

Hi I was just wundering if any one else had been approached by the police for not having a light on your bike it is apparently a 80 pound fine if you are seen out with now lights on your bike when it is dark and against the law. (N)

You have to have a light on front and rear but were could you put a light on the rear without you smashing it off when riding its not like you can clip it to your seat post is it???

Chris (Y)

are you riding on the road ?

im not sure its illegal unless your endangering others ... cars . and i dont think many people are out walking and bout at night are they and if they are there most likely to be homeless and to be honest who cares if you huirt them lol

we was all sat down on the wall and stuff they just came up to us and gave us a warning and sed it was illegal to actualy have your bike out in the dark without a light :blink:

chris

Edited by (chief)

yea, its illegal to ride at night without lights, but its also illegal to ride on the pavement, or ride without a rear reflector, unless you ride like an idiot, cops will most likely either just tell you to walk, or not even bother you. use common sense, if theres a car crash and cops are there, dont go hopping round on the flower bed across the road, dont go smashing stuff up in front of cctv, ride responsibly and chances are nothing will be said.

S274.jpg

Get the front and rear one of them, and you're laughing. I've used mine all winter so far, and they've been excellent. They're super small (I can fit it on my seat-stay of my BMX, between the dropouts and the brakemount, so it's between the stay and the spokes of the wheel so I don't kick it), you just clip them on if you want them on, then when you get to where you're riding, take them off so you don't f**k 'em up. They're great. They're safe, stop the police from stopping you for not having lights, and I suppose they make you safer seeings as the twats in their cars are less likely to plough into you. Plus, if they do, you can destroy them in court 'cos you had lights on ;)

S274.jpg

Get the front and rear one of them, and you're laughing. I've used mine all winter so far, and they've been excellent. They're super small (I can fit it on my seat-stay of my BMX, between the dropouts and the brakemount, so it's between the stay and the spokes of the wheel so I don't kick it), you just clip them on if you want them on, then when you get to where you're riding, take them off so you don't f**k 'em up. They're great. They're safe, stop the police from stopping you for not having lights, and I suppose they make you safer seeings as the twats in their cars are less likely to plough into you. Plus, if they do, you can destroy them in court 'cos you had lights on ;)

cheers where can i get one of them light from then. think i am going to buy one of them.does it mater if its small because i would think that they would have to be a sertain size??.

also cheers for the tip about destroying them in court :rolleyes:

chris

Edited by (chief)

They're technically Back-up lights, but the police haven't ever given me grief for them.

You can get them from Evans Cycles or most bike shops. I know Evans definitely do 'em, 'cos I nicked that pic from their site :P

You can buy them as a pair for £11.99-ish from bike shops, but Evans only do them seperately online so they can milk that extra £3-4 off you ;)

yea, its illegal to ride at night without lights, or ride without a rear reflector,

if its ilegal for that i aint got no seat so what would i do?

plus the cops drive past me loads while i'm riding at night ( best time no ones out :D) never had anything said

we was all sat down on the wall and stuff they just came up to us and gave us a warning and sed it was illegal to actualy have your bike out in the dark without a light :blink:

chris

That's a load of bullshit, it is indeed illegal to ride your bike at night without lights, but its not illegal to have your bike out in the dark. Next time just say that's not what the law is, and that there being unfair.

All the coppers around here just buy it that there's no where to put a light on a trials bike that it wont get knocked off, 'so we just walk around to get places and use our bikes there,' honest.

Anyway, yeah, I had a set of those mini backup lights, they were really good but quite old and I've lost the back one.

They're technically Back-up lights, but the police haven't ever given me grief for them.

You can get them from Evans Cycles or most bike shops. I know Evans definitely do 'em, 'cos I nicked that pic from their site :P

You can buy them as a pair for £11.99-ish from bike shops, but Evans only do them seperately online so they can milk that extra £3-4 off you ;)

I think your wrong their mate i work in a bike shop and we sell them at £2 and their really good but evans cycles are scammers.