Driving In A Week On Monday...

Hi there people, well, i turn 17 in a week :D and i have a set of 15" alloys to go on my punto...

My problem is...

I picked the alloys up for £50 with new tires, so thought they would be a bargain for my first car!

The problem is, the paint is coming off them? (god knows lol) they are "bubbling" behind the paint...

What i need to know is, what paint stripper whould i use to get the paint off? its just normal paint i think, feels like it :S so would nitromors be safe to use? what colour tin do you think i will need?

I have pics on my camera... but its just this minute went flat, so will post them once i have charged it...

already got insurance sorted?

Costing me £1300... :(lol

Im taking them to a car modifieing garage sometime through the week, gonna see what they say about them...

Cost my older bro the same, for a 1.4 VW Lupo , Could go up. as he has 6 point on his liecence.

Take it up to bat cars and let them og wild on it! and it should come out looking good!

Edited by Matt Gibson

Take it up to bat cars and let them og wild on it! and it should come out looking good!

lol lol lol

Bats cars closed down like 3 years ago... even if they were still open... id rather chuck a rock through my windscreen than let them loose with it lmao!

post-6627-1183219597_thumb.jpg

post-6627-1183219641_thumb.jpg

Edited by terror-error

To be honest mate i really wouldnt bother stripping and sanding them down, will take you a stupid amount of time, and you will probly get pissed off with doing it, take them to a place to get refurbed, will come back looking new. or shot blast and powder coating is a good bet, you wont get as good of a finish as you might like to think.

Stu

...Surely if you take them to be cleaned up, it'll cost you a fortune, more than what the alloys are worth in the first place and when you come to sell them again you'll be looking at about £50 again.

Just to note, be careful with them, check they dont rub on the wheel arches on full lock!

Also mate, you're going to have to buy some wheel bolts and locking nuts to get it through an MOT (aswell as your own safety)...so another £30 :P Unless you got them with it of course.

Edited by anzo

Cheers for the info bud!

Why would i have to buy new wheel bolts? would the ones i have on my stealies now be ok?

Getting some nitromors through the week, and gonna strip em down as much as i can... then probs get my mate to spray them as he is a pro srpay painterererer.... lol

Cheers for the info bud!

Why would i have to buy new wheel bolts? would the ones i have on my stealies now be ok?

you need to find out the tapers. there are 60 degree flat, 30 degree flat, completly flat + sleeved with washer, and a couple of round tapers to choose from. Good luck.

Right decided im stripping the alloys tommorow, then spraying them gunmetal grey when ever i get the tyres off... should be at the weekend...

Should look tidy on a black punto, put the alloys on tonight to see what they would look like... looks mean B) love it :)

Good ol' tyre levers :P.

Danny.

You'll probably need new wheel bolts as the alloy wheel bolts are often longer than the steely bolts (I had to get new bolts for my punto and I noticed you said it was a punto (I think)). Best to check what size bolts you need first though. If it is a punto, check what the PCD of the wheels is. Standard steelies on a punto are 4x98. If your alloys are 4x100 you'll need wobbly bolts for them to fit.