Wots The Worst Thing Happend To You Doin Trials

mandry1991

Not technically trials as mentioned in this thread, but i fractured my arm trying to do feet trials (free-running). Basically pissing about.

At my local youth club everyone got bored and so we decided to have a little competition to see who could sort of sidehop the highest (without a bike - on foot).

I won, managing a stage + about 10 small mats. I showed off in front of the females... putting the whole bunch of mats up there, which was 12, & i tried a jump.

Landed on the top mat and i slipped backwards onto my arm.

Snap, it was all f**ked up.

Although because of the shock it wasn't so painfull, but the thing that was worst was the mental side, actually seeing the arm bent.

:sick:

I'll get a video / picture of what it was like, or similar to soon.

i hit the ground hard! i was pedaling as fast as i could and forgot how wide my bars were, the gateway i was going to go through must have notied this and made itself alot narrower!

i hit the posts and sort of catapulted myself hip first over the bars and into the ground

infront of loads of goths at the park! :o

couldnt walk properly for ages

The worst thing I have done (and also seen happen to a friend recently) is bailing badly and falling onto the bike, with the bars going in your tummy. Really really painful, and also really scary because you can't tell at first whether or not you have done internal damage to yourself. I was ok, just sore for a few weeks.

The moral of the story is always get clear of the bike when things go wrong.

i hit the ground hard! i was pedaling as fast as i could and forgot how wide my bars were, the gateway i was going to go through must have notied this and made itself alot narrower!

i hit the posts and sort of catapulted myself hip first over the bars and into the ground

GENIUS!! haha

Recently i was going far too fast, and for some stupid reason as I went over a curb I pulled the front brake... Straight over the bars and opened my eyes to find that my bike was laying beside me.

Got away with a weeks worth of injuries, skin taken off shoulder and forearm, if I never rolled it would've been my head and that would have hurt even more! :o

Oh and also my friend whilst we were out on the motor trials bikes was with me. I went up a slipply hill climb and he tried to follow, but he hasn't quite grasped the fact on how to fall off at the time >_< . So he lost grip and came to a standstill on the hill, fell off and rolled to the bottom holding his hand shouting 'Oh my god' repeatedly. When my dad had a look to see what was the matter, there was a hole about the size of a fifty pence piece in his hand going through the muscle and tisue, and coming out of his thumb area.

Theory was the clutch lever went straight through his hand as it snapped on a tree, he was rushed to hospital and got it sorted, that scar is going to be with him for life and it's pretty damn big! :blink:

Edited by ScrumpyJunior

LoL how do you forget how wide your bars are when your holding on to them ?

Never anything that bad. You will always get a bit of pedal to shin. Went to Taunton the other night and tried a 43" sidehop, first attemp went wrong and ended up rolling off the wall head first, luckily had a helmet on and managing to roll out saved my head. Funny thing is as i thought it was safe to move my leg from the top of the wall, not realising that my bike was on top of it, the bike came down and landed o top of me. Was quite a funny one to watch though and managed to pull it off second time. lol :D