Imagration To The Us?

JT!

Just looking into it to know what I’m up against some time next year.

It looks rather confusing to say the very least.

Anyone know anything about immigration?

Still want to be able to live in the UK if I choose, I’m not married / haven't got a fiancé in the US, and it's got nothing to do with work. All these facts seem to mean to them that there's no reason why I should want to immigrate.

Would be looking to work ASAP, and I’ll be over 21.

Anyone got any advice or anything it would be much appreciated.

:)(Y)

Could you tell us why you want to immigrate? That country is awful. All this will lead to is you getting fat, buying a 8.4L 4x4 with 80bhp and making millions of dollars on a simple invention that nobody though of there because that place is full of morons.

surely it IS work related if you plan to work as soon as you get out there!

just apply for some american jobs whilst still over here, get accepted, then you'll have documentation about your new job ;)

even if its the shittest job going, it'll get you over there, then upgrade jobs or something

Edited by WILL ARNOLD

its alot cheaper for jt to move out there, although im expecting him to get shot or stabbed or both (N)

raped actually

I believe you'll need a working visa to work there - which you have to keep renewing. Your best bet is probably to phone up their embassy over here and ask them what you'd have to do

Can't you get her to move to the uk?

No.

I've looked on their embassy page, i could get in touch with them but i though i'd ask here first. Not looking to actually do anything imagration related untill next year.

:)

To get a working visa, you need to be working in certain fields that have a skills deficit. For example, if you could get employed as a brain surgeon or IT person then you'd get a visa. If you try and get a working visa as a cowboy or lard arse, then you won't get too far. Basically the employer has to prove that you are a better candidate than one they could get in the US.

There are some exemptions - talk to the embassy.

If you want a green card or citizenship then it comes down to marrying a yank, having major business interests in America, or having a massive pile of cash in an American bank.

To get a working visa, you need to be working in certain fields that have a skills deficit. For example, if you could get employed as a brain surgeon or IT person then you'd get a visa. If you try and get a working visa as a cowboy or lard arse, then you won't get too far. Basically the employer has to prove that you are a better candidate than one they could get in the US.

There are some exemptions - talk to the embassy.

If you want a green card or citizenship then it comes down to marrying a yank, having major business interests in America, or having a massive pile of cash in an American bank.

What happens if you just want to move to the USA for the sake of it?

• 3 weeks later...
You, well, can't. There's freedom of movement around the EU, but the only way you'll get a green card in the US is through work, marriage, or investment.

Yeah i'm starting to realise that now.

I have searched round and round but can't make heads and tails for it all.

well may i be the first to say congrats jt :) I really hope everything works out for you, its heartwarming to see such steps taken for a loved one.

Last year my friend went to canada, whistler and has worked there for the last year as well as skiing and mtbing...b*****d....so ill get in touch with him and find out, but his thing may only have been a temporary visa and not a permanent one.

Also one thing to remember is that when you arrive at the airport make sure your passport is NOT stamped as visitor and you're stamped as worker or whatever the correct term is. My mate had to get a limo (the driver had time and my mate haggles a cheaper price than a bus) out of canada, and then drive back in to get it re-stamped correctly.