Chris King Axle - Home Made Repair?

Walleee

Onza Keiron - does that mean you were previously -onza-rider-?

Somehow - in past experiance - two people having a similar name doesn't quite make them the same person.

Just imagine.... That'd make my grandad the president of the United States of America. :-

Linky

Machine up a heavy duty axle. I'm pretty sure pottsy could do it.

Just don't land gaps on the floor with your wheel at some silly angle. What are you like really? I mean, completely flat floor you land the 6 foot'ish gap with your wheel sideways snapping 3 spokes and your axle in the process.... i told you it was a shit technique :P

im not welsh dave....

and we are two different people.

the point is the axle could be made by a few people on here, but whats the point when its more viable to just buy a hd one

for a start there are bearing surefaces which are hard and have a fine Roughness Average. if there was a faul with the HD axle then it might be worth my while making one without the problems, but as theres no really problem its point less

The problem with the HD axle is that the pressed-on needle bearing race/serrated end bit cracks and snaps off, due to the way we trials riders tend to land at funny angles. My first HD axle cracked all the way through the needle race, and my second has bits snapped off. It's perfectly ridable if the needle race is fine, but it is sketchy.

The problem with the HD axle is that the pressed-on needle bearing race/serrated end bit cracks and snaps off, due to the way we trials riders tend to land at funny angles. My first HD axle cracked all the way through the needle race, and my second has bits snapped off. It's perfectly ridable if the needle race is fine, but it is sketchy.

yea that happend to mine, so i turned that bit off, as soon as a crack appears its just going to contiue on to the bearing surface. turned it to the shoulder where the raised surface starts, made a replacement end from some tool steel and pressed it on, i could have hardend it but it dosnt need to be hard, only thing is its gone rusty on the surface but that dosnt matter