My Mates Downhill Bike

Onza Kieron

pretty much the only thing that that bike is any good for is riding off cliffs and hoping it doesnt snap. if he's only getting 9" of rear travel whats the point in that shock???? the eye to eye length of the shock is way too longfor the frame so its jacked the bb up a mile off the ground and made it stupidly unstable and i imagine pretty useless round tight bermed corners compared toa real dh bike. the geo is just a mile off of what any reasonable dh bike should be. and he's using a trials rear hub and a trials rear brake, nice one (Y) its a shame because bighits are pretty good dh frames. shame, just all seems a lil pointless to me...................

I said in the other post, he is jumping off cliffs etc, his biggest drop to flat is 9ft which is bigger than most would go on trials. He has used a shock with a huge i2i so that the head angle is not very very slack which would cause the head angle to rip straight off.

That is the ugliest thing i have ever seen.

And props for doing drops like that, but i've seen bmxers do near that height on a ridgid frame, like:

eddie-crash.jpg

So yeah, i'm thinking overkill :P

Edited by huck_it

Wooow that big hit is huge, is he like a serious DH rider or is he one of these people that have the bike just to show off. The forks are miles too big though, just monster T's would be big enough with 200mm travel not those ridiculous 300mm travel forks. He must have a lot of money for a bike speced like that. :blink:

I shall put some vids up once he is back, I can show you a vid of him doing this double set when he had his shagged RC on the back and Dorados on the front, he is no poser, he doesn't ride that much DH as theres not alot around, however, you don't need a mountain to make a DH bike usable.

And yeh Dan, was gunna put em on my BMX a while ago but its so much hassle swapping races etc over, maybe next time he leaves it at mine.

Remember this is pretty big to be doing with Carbon forks..Please don't hate him for what he's done with his bike, he's not some rich kid who doesn't ride it..

Edited by onza kieron

I shall put some vids up once he is back, I can show you a vid of him doing this double set when he had his shagged RC on the back and Dorados on the front, he is no poser, he doesn't ride that much DH as theres not alot around, however, you don't need a mountain to make a DH bike usable.

And yeh Dan, was gunna put em on my BMX a while ago but its so much hassle swapping races etc over, maybe next time he leaves it at mine.

Remember this is pretty big to be doing with Carbon forks..Please don't hate him for what he's done with his bike, he's not some rich kid who doesn't ride it..

Maha! Landing on his belly on the seat.

That was quite surreal.