Vw Golf Gti Mk2

Michael Ingle

On Monday I went and got myself a new car. Its a Mk2 Golf GTI. B reg (1984) so obviously the 8v one.

Its only had one owner (who is now 80 and sold it because she cant cope without power steering) and its lived in a garage all its life. Its got full service history and from the MOT certificates I can see its done on average 2000 miles a year. Meaning its currently sitting at 47000. Everything on the car is absolutely spotless (and I mean really, the back seats have NEVER been sat in) and its only running original VW parts. Basically, what I want to know is what would you guys would think is a fair price for the car, as I'm fully aware its rather collectible, especially in its pristine condition.

IMGP0894a.jpg

IMGP0903a.jpg

IMGP0897a.jpg

IMGP0888a.jpg

Cheers, Mike.

Edited by Michael Ingle

there was a 1990 run off one on ebay a while ago with 40k on the clock full service history mot certificates etc etc, that went for £3500 ish

on the other hand my one was £725 with 88k on the clock no service history, and was told only 4 owners from new, when i got the v5 back it has had 12 owners lol,

You guys just made my day. I knew I got a good deal but I didn't realize they were quite that valuable. I paid £850 for it :) And it wasn't the old lady I fleased, it was her son who didn't seem bothered as that was the price he suggested (almost). God I love that car...

Mike.

You guys just made my day. I knew I got a good deal but I didn't realize they were quite that valuable. I paid £850 for it :) And it wasn't the old lady I fleased, it was her son who didn't seem bothered as that was the price he suggested (almost). God I love that car...

Mike.

Fooking bargain!

That car is very clean for its age :mellow:

I'll give you 1500 for it.

Not a chance on earth. Sorry but the car isn't going anywhere.

I hope your not asking because you want rid of it.

And hell no, I don't think I've ever been so happy to own anything in my life. I cant see me getting rid of the car for quite a few years.

Mike.

You're blatantly asking how much its worth to gauge how much return you can make!

I offered you what i'd happily pay for it, if you dont want to sell it for that much:

1. Dont ask for people to guide a price in the first place

2. Get all bulshy with me for putting in an offer

Whatever you do with the car is your choice but I think its clear you think you've got yourself a bargain through fleecing an old lady and are in the position to make a comfortable return through very little effort.

If you were a vw enthusiast who intended to keep the car, you wouldnt have posted this thread in the first place.

Jesus stop crying, who gives a shit if hes a VW enthusiast or not? The mk2 GTI, whilst being a classic car is not actually THAT good. If your saying keep it standard then its not very quick and doesnt handle all that well. i love how they look but thats pretty much all it can do, look like a mint classic car. Cars are to be driven imo, and if I was you Id sell that to the first VW enthusiast mug arse who wanted to pay 2k for it and go buy yourself a little less mint car and get it modded in a way to make driving it more fun.

I find it funny when the VW boys get hot under the collar over a mint condition car like this, when all they want to do is get it, polish it and drive it to shows.

You're blatantly asking how much its worth to gauge how much return you can make!

I offered you what i'd happily pay for it, if you dont want to sell it for that much:

1. Dont ask for people to guide a price in the first place

2. Get all bulshy with me for putting in an offer

Whatever you do with the car is your choice but I think its clear you think you've got yourself a bargain through fleecing an old lady and are in the position to make a comfortable return through very little effort.

If you were a vw enthusiast who intended to keep the car, you wouldnt have posted this thread in the first place.

Wow, you can go directly to hell. As you asked in such a mature fasion, I put the topic up because Ive never been so proud to own something in my life, and because I needed to get a rough guide for how much to insure the car for. Also, calm down? I wasnt being "bulshy", I was just trying to be clear that I wont sell the car. Try not to be so over sensative in future. Id appreciate it if you didnt post in this thread again.

Thanks, Mike.