Ben Travis Czar 07

JoeEden

v's are cool and like you say bens v's are awesome even the one he had on the mod with standard pads was better than any magura i have ever tried but you don't need to make a topic about it if he wanted to he'd make a topic about it.

Edited by Gavyn L

why?

vees hold better, but need constantly adjusting, are heavier and dont bite well

maggies bite well, and can hold amazingly if you learn to set it up correctly, lighter and have a good choice of pads

Bite is down to the pads though. If you try my front vee you won't then say vees don't bite. And weight wise, hmm i'm not sure on that one either?

I have used vee brakes and magura's and to be honest i prepfer magura as they are reliage and hold very well on your bike and dont need adjusting that much either so MAGURA ALL THE WAY!!!

What the hell does reliage mean??

But then again the more i read that sentence the more stupid mistakes there are.

It only count if you use a very exspensive v-brake though because normal v-brakes will be sh*t. Maggie's are ok though.

I use a Deore and i gurantee it's as good or better than whatever you are using.

Lever = £7

Caliper = £10

Cable = nothing as it was found in the shed with spide webs over it, literally.

Plaz CRVs = £17.49

That's cheaper than anything else second hand even if you buy a brand new cable!

Edited by eskimo

why?

vees hold better, but need constantly adjusting, are heavier and dont bite well

maggies bite well, and can hold amazingly if you learn to set it up correctly, lighter and have a good choice of pads

Well maggies for ever brake, hose spliting the tpa brakeing the new style brake in half. They need bleeding. And they never hold when you on the edge of a wall unless you have a fresh grind on and still then they dont hold aswell as a vee. Only gays worry about the weight a vee is hardly going to weigh the back end down is it.

My vee brake with coust pads bites pritty darn good just as good as most maggies and out holds a maggie any day even if you have it set up well, I hardly ever adjust it and is just as solid at the lever than most maggies and i have adaptors on top of 4bolt mounts giving more leverage for flex.

Well maggies for ever brake, hose spliting the tpa brakeing the new style brake in half. They need bleeding. And they never hold when you on the edge of a wall unless you have a fresh grind on and still then they dont hold aswell as a vee. Only gays worry about the weight a vee is hardly going to weigh the back end down is it.

My vee brake with coust pads bites pritty darn good just as good as most maggies and out holds a maggie any day even if you have it set up well, I hardly ever adjust it and is just as solid at the lever than most maggies and i have adaptors on top of 4bolt mounts giving more leverage for flex.

right...

so what if my maggie never slips... btw, old grind too, dead pads... will hold me on any ledge

then it has all the advantages...

nah it aint

ive found 2 maguras now for 3 quid...

That's just sillyness, did you snap them up?

right...

so what if my maggie never slips... btw, old grind too, dead pads... will hold me on any ledge

then it has all the advantages...

Apart from the hose splitting problems.