Ben Travis Czar 07

JoeEden

right...

so what if my maggie never slips... btw, old grind too, dead pads... will hold me on any ledge

then it has all the advantages...

Not really as maggie are just as spongey as vees, hose spliting, new style snap and tpa thread strips usualy unless you have a metal one. So really it doesnt have all the advantages.

Well anyway its preference really as they have different feel so i supose one isnt better than the other.

why?

vees hold better, but need constantly adjusting, are heavier and dont bite well

maggies bite well, and can hold amazingly if you learn to set it up correctly, lighter and have a good choice of pads

Vees don't need constant adjusting Ash, probably less than maggies do, and they bite well enough, like you say though, they do hold very well, MUCH better than a magura, and realy i think i am the only rider who can REALY coment on the hold of a brake being that i weigh pretty much twice ash kennard (20st ish) and my vee very rarely slips! They may be a tad heavier but meh, who cares for a working brake, you can loose the difference in weight other places on a bike.

Also do you bite coment, you should have tried my vee when i had koxx greens and no booster, it was easily as bitey as a mag and still had more hold :P

Adam

Not really as maggie are just as spongey as vees, hose spliting, new style snap and tpa thread strips usualy unless you have a metal one. So really it doesnt have all the advantages.

Well anyway its preference really as they have different feel so i supose one isnt better than the other.

that as what i was waiting for you to say

btw i do have a metal tpa...

My onza t-pro from 2000 had v's front and back and they had good feel and stopped you well. For some reason though i couldn't manage to set the rear up as well as the front one so i always felt let down by the rear. My new bike should be ariving soon and it has Maggies front and rear. Can't wait to see the difference between them.

From what i have tried on numerous bikes hydraulic disks had the best stopping power i have tried but they were just too big and venrable for trials use, which is where i guess magura HS33's and V's have thier big advantages.

chris

Edited by MetalheadA7X