New Ipods!

Joel

At the start of summer, my iPod Mini's battery gave up, not bad considering it was first gen, bought from new, almost 3 years use.

haha i got like the first ever ipod second hand, so about 5 years old, and my battery is still fine. but sometimes it forgets its got any songs on it..

i disagree too. its simple to use..and as apple say if you can use an ipod then you can use a mac.

its a shame you cant get discount on ipods through the education store..

however the following link enables £8 off any order....more money is available for discount if the order totals more than £200.

http://www.vouchercodes.com/voucherpages/applestore.htm

I did mean the itunes music store actually, but itunes sucks too.

The store only sells mp3's at 128kbps quality. Highest quality mp3 is 320kbps, cd quality is about 900kbps, the fact people prefer to download from iTunes instead of buying cd's is stupid.

Also iTunes the program alters the ID3 tags of files, which ruins torrents and is unnecessary on the whole. I also cannot think of one reason why iTunes is better than anything else.

that is all this one does. hence new ipod thread. the touch screen ipods only come with a max of 16gb capacity..which is ok for music and a few vids at most. as someone said...it would be wise to wait till the prices drop...which will probably be when the iphones are in the uk.

as for what happened to ipods only playing music? thats a silly comment because things evolve.

you would be pretty bored if you got in your car and had no radio for example.

integration is the way forward with everything. plus they can delve into several markets with one single product.

admittedly though, some things just get daft in the types of integration that manufactures attempt; like making a bottle opener watch or something..but it works..transforming a crap product into something you need because now, it has a bottle opener on too. similarly, how many devoted ipod fans will now buy an iphone even though they have an ipod? lots.

lol. they still win though surely, because of the exclusivity of apple prices from the apple store; the margins must be pretty good. so they are possibly only giving away $30 of 'technology product'..yet i am sure a terms and conditions will be issued that permits the $100 store credit on purchases over $200 or something...so if they do that i doubt apple will have lost a single penny, or cent..