University!

Rob_P

• 3 months later...
bump :D

So how is everyone doing? i wanna know what unis actually like, thinking whether to go or not :\

Same as me, seriously debating wether or not to go to a 'real' univeristy or stay on at my college and still get a degree

If I stay on at College but do a degree course I will save 3k on tuiton fee's aswell as accomdation fees as I could live at home

Really tempted to go to a real Uni though as I want to experince living on my own and the overall atmosphere will be alot better

Any thoughts?

I'd recommend doing the real thing, it kinda helps you get setup for the "real world" so to speak, learning to live on your own and stuff.

I've got 11 days til my hand in date, and I've still got shit loads of work to do, but it's all good.

Then I've got my final project, which should be fun, I'm actually well excited about it, so yeah... :D

I'm pretty much loving Uni now. Got a first and a 2:1 on my first pieces of work which were done in the early hours of the morning before deadlines so i'm happy with that result!

Going back on the 12th. Working quite a lot at Apple which is really good but a bit annoying. Ex gf is coming to see me a lot which is nice and I've got a few good mates in Sheffield now.

Courses are okay like I said. Secured our pad for next year which is an apartment on West Street, where all the bars are.

Inside looks like this:

portdin_lrg.jpg

portseat_lrg.jpg

Which i'm pretty happy with! £3900 per year plus a £345 energy bond. Eek.

I doubt it's each, probobly two or three bedroom.

Im going back to dundee on thursday, pretty confident i've failed maths and will have to resit it in august, not really bothered as im intending on staying over the summer anyway, been back for twoweeks now and am sick of it, the only thing I enjoy here is riding my bike.

I'd recommend uni to everyone, there's a party everyday.

Same as me, seriously debating wether or not to go to a 'real' univeristy or stay on at my college and still get a degree

If I stay on at College but do a degree course I will save 3k on tuiton fee's aswell as accomdation fees as I could live at home

Really tempted to go to a real Uni though as I want to experince living on my own and the overall atmosphere will be alot better

Any thoughts?

I'd go to a real University if I was you. As well as all the partying/living on your own/getting in massive debt, I imagine your degree will be alot more appealing to empolyers if it's from a University rather than a college.

Which i'm pretty happy with! £3900 per year plus a £345 energy bond. Eek.

I was gunna say f**k me that's expensive but I've just worked my accomodation for next year out and it's worse! Only I shouldn't be paying for a whole year... hopefully. <_<

How many of you are sharing that mate?

Is that £3900 each?! My loan wouldnt even cover that!!

Mine doesn't cover it..

I doubt it's each, probobly two or three bedroom.

That's per room, per person. Works out 1300 per term with a 365 day lease. 7 rooms in the apartment, one front room, one kitchen area with dish washer, 2 freezers and 2 fridgers. Utility room with washer and dryer, um 2 showers and 2 toilets in diff rooms.

On 5th floor so we have a pretty nice view too. Expensive but worth it :) Those are actual pics of our flat off my mates phone too.

Is it true next year they're raising the grant limit to £60,000 per year per house?

It wouldn't suprise me with the amount of pressure the government are under about the whole fees dealio.

Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me though :(

That's wild expensive, but I guess that's the differance between scotland and further down south.

As danny say's it'll not look as tidy when you move in, I'd hate to have them glass fronted shelves, we manage to hide stuff alright in our wee flat. Will try n get some pics when I get back over.