Charity Coast To Coast Bike Ride

F-Stop Junkie

I'm doing a sponsored bike ride this weekend, and I need the help of TF!

I'm taking part in a coast to coast ride going from Whitehaven in Cumbria to Tynemouth near Newcastle. This is 140 miles and is usually done in three days of riding. We're planning to do it in two.

I need to raise money to contribute to the overall effort. The ride is in support of the Multiple Sclerosis Society, with a small portion of the money also being donated to Sustrans which supports cycle paths and access across Britain.

For those who don't know about multiple sclerosis, it's a degenerative nerve disorder which can cause breakdown of a lot of bodily functions. There is no cure for it, but the MS Society provide support and information for those affected by it. More info can be found at http://www.mssociety.org.uk and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis

I'm looking to raise more money for the cause, so if you wish to sponsor my ride from sea to shining sea, I have a just giving page at http://www.justgiving.com/chrisratcliff-c2c. It's a very worthwhile cause, and even a small amount from the TF population will help both MS suffers and sustainable transport in the UK, as well as spur me on when I'm on the ride this weekend!

I did that ride when I was 13... I took 6 days though!

We did meet a team of roadies who were doing the C2C and back in 2 days :blink: but that seemed pretty hardcore, doing 70 miles a day for 2 days will be hard I think. But you should be able to do it. I'm guessing you're on road bikes, no?

My Dad rode from Lands End to John O'Groats in 10 days, but they went ythe scenic route, over 1000 miles!

They actually averaged over 100 miles per day, it can be done if you average 10mph, which isn't that hard on a road bike.

EDIT: It's the distance that knackers you though. He also rode 249 miles in 18 hours and had to sleep on the settee because he couldn't walk up the stairs.

Edited by El Muelio

good luck with the weather bud :P its menna be a bad weekend this weekend :( gayyyy

its a tricky ride, if your going up and over the mosedale/caldbec area, its a f**king steep ride haha

my uncles done it a few times, says its solid :mellow: hes a 27yo athlete, rides rode bikes all the time lol << ghay.

i have no money to give, unless i would be sponcering you, sorry dude, and to the people at ms :(