Mac Problems

Spikenipple

ok, next question............

i have just got a gmail account and dont want to use my hotmail account anymore.

i have set my gmail account up in mail, that is all fine.

Have changed most of my details on ebay etc etc so they should start coming through my gmail.

have set up msn to with my gmail account and imported my old contacts.

but, how can i get my hotmail account emails to be forwarded or redirected to my gmail account??

thanks

Dan

Can't you just forward them all to yourself from your hotmail account to your gmail account?

I was just randomly checking to see how much each section of my HD was taking up memory-wise and looked at my music folder which contains ONLY music this folder is 14.45gb. Yet in my iTunes i have all the music in there and it says at the bottom the music is only 6.99gb.

:o Dose anyone know my problem because i wouldn't mind that 5gb or whatever it is back.

Like Rob says, when you delete a song it asks if you want to move the file to trash or not, if you click no then obviously you get a shit load of files that are in your hard drive but not in your iTunes.

Also do you have anything like Limewire tunes or stuff like that in?

I thought the iPhone was going to be £269? Then unlock it using the unlock tool and use it on whatever network you like. I'm tempted to get one because they look so pimp (I could sell my phone and my ipod to raise funds) but then I realised that although my phone isn't as pimp as an iPhone, it actually does lots more, so I'll stick with it.

But yeah, get a phone upgrade and whack it eBay, it's easy money :D

I believe, and I might be wrong, that you can go and buy an iPhone from the Apple shop sans contract. It will only work on O2 and they expect you to get the £35/mo min contract. BUT you can unlock the iPhone and use it without the O2 contract. I think.

not so much a mac question, but more of an apple fanboy/specifically an apple paid fanboy(yes nick, im lookin at you for a definitive answer)

is tomm right(he generally is, and i want him to be, but it just seems to good to be true).

will i be able to walk into the apple shop in manchester, and go "oi, fanboy, i want one of those dang 8gb iphones an i dusnae wanna a contract" and hell go "most certainly sir, thatll be £269 sir, would you like a bag sir"

or similar to that.

basically nick, can you enquire/do you know if i can just buy an iphone with no contract from the apple shop for £269. or for a different price what price that will be. because otherwise im just gunna get one off ebay, but its like an extra £100(although thats likely to drop in the next few days as people are able to buy the iphone from apple uk)

You put the contract on through iTunes so really you don't have a contract on it anyway until you get home and put it on. Although i have heard that putting the software on to unlock it gets mucked up with the new update and therefore leaves the iPhone an expensive brick.

Correct me?

Well, for starters I wouldn't tell them that's what you're doing. And unlocking it invalidates your warranty. Like RR said - if you let iTunes update the phone software, it breaks it (although it is fixable). But if you're not that stupid, there are no problems.

There's a lot of problems with unlocking the iPhone to being multi-network which could leave you f**ked to say the least.

Firstly Apple or and o2 reseller don't sell the iPhone Sim free or on a pay as you go contract (which they do for AT&T if you fail credit). It's required that you activate the phone via your iTunes dock which then automatically tells o2 it's connected and gives IMEI details of the phone and such.

If you do want to unlock the phone and use it on another network with another Sim, then essentially you're damaging software which is really important to the function of the iPhone and also future updates could block your iPhone permanently leaving you with an expensive brick.

I really wouldn't recommend it just from a person point of view but also it's obvious it's been unlocked as o2 can trace the IMEI number and know it's not being used with an o2 sim - they could rape you for breech of contract.

I'd be very cautious as it invalidates your warranty and Apple can plug it in to a Mac Genius computer and see what networks it's been on, what software has been installed and modified as well as loads of other information with the water sensor and stuff.

I wouldn't do it. With an iPod Touch maybe but not an iPhone.

I have alot of playlists but it i can see how many files i have in my music folder and how many i have in my itunes and there is a difference of 42 or somthing songs that isn't 6gb worth thats why im so confused :S.

Any chance the music you have in your other non-iTunes music folder is lossless?

iTunes may have converted it all to AAC when you imported it into your library, hence the large filesize difference.

Ahh that could be it, so is ACC a smaller file then or dose it save it on top so i have like both the MP3 and the acc, because i mean its double the space being used up on my HD to space it says its using in my iTunes with there being more songs in my iTunes.

When the iPhone is Released here, it has version 1.1.2 which will most certainly need some more hacking in order to unlock safely. I don't advise it at all cause o2 are awesome anyways. wait a bit, I am sure they will slack abit about it and then in Febury the SDK is coming out so you can have more exicting apps legally.

For iPod touch, I do advise it. Its soo handy! also if you know your developing kit, you can do what the funk you like! My dads students have done some crazy shizznizz.

EDIT : SPELLING

Edited by Joelio

Hope they get sued :P its cockiness gone to far to be fair.

Smugness gone too far. One of the things I hate about Apple is how their users are really smug - members of the 'Apple Community'. Urgh. I have seen hacks to change the picture for something else, when I get Leopard that's one of the first things I'll be doing.

Joelio, I dunno if its just me but I don't like your tone.

Eh?

Smugness gone too far. One of the things I hate about Apple is how their users are really smug - members of the 'Apple Community'. Urgh. I have seen hacks to change the picture for something else, when I get Leopard that's one of the first things I'll be doing.

Haha I find it quite amusing :P

picture27fdb1.png

Sorry for the crap spelling once again, I just forgot which word to type. What do you mean you don't like my tone?

Bit more of a emulator problem but how come when I load Super mario bros onto Nestopia, it starts with the most random first level where as on my iPod it runs fine?

how do i get my toolbar transparent!? i have just installed leopard but it still hasn't gone transparent yet :huh:

Apple have just updated this - I'm not sure what computer you have, but they've essentially said it won't work on mine. Ever. (Powerbook G4 1.5GHz and the important bit is the GeForce fx5200 graphics card). For some reason this is actually stopping me buying Leopard - I assumed it would be fixed in 10.5.1. If I get it, I want it to work properly - even though a lot of people have got annoyed at the new menu bar and have disabled it. Hmmm

Anyway, you can read the official line here:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306894

You mean it doesn't work on low end macs yet there still isn't an option to disable it? :lol:

Yeah, pretty much. Although some people have worked out there's a terminal command to disable it I think. Quite a lot of OS X stuff is like that - they don't let you change stuff to make it more idiot-proof, but because it's based on *nix, the option will be somewhere, hidden away.

My mac isn't even that old, there are plenty of older ones that WILL have transparency. Jesus why do I care so much? :P