Mac Problems

Spikenipple

Leopard wont fit on 10gb :P Its about 16-7Gb for a bare install.

Windows doesn't recognise any volumes - only 250Gb of 'unknown' space

Does right clicking on my computer and going to manage not show the partitions? It should even if they incompatible.

Leopard wont fit on 10gb :P Its about 16-7Gb for a bare install.

The install disk ISO will though ;)

Does right clicking on my computer and going to manage not show the partitions? It should even if they incompatible.

Nope. It just says 'unknown' or something.

right, working with bootcamp.

i've installed windoze. now i need to install the boot camp drivers. for this, it needs the leopard dvd. i have the disk image as both dmg and iso, but they're 6-7gb big. this means i cant put them on the windoze fat32 partition. i cant have them on the hfs partition because windows cant read it.

i need to be able to mount the leopard dvd image in windows but i cant for the life of me figure out a way. i cant burn it either, my dvd burner doesnt do dual layer as i have the first gen macbook. what do i do?! can my superdrive even read dual layer? (i dont know much about this)

For some reason i cant connect to the itunes store, im getting the error message:

"Itunes could not connect to the Itunes store. The host is down. Make sure your network connection is active and try again"

My network is active, otherwise i wouldnt be posting this, so i thought maybe it was just for the fact that the itunes store might actually be down, so i went another computer i have and i works fine.

So now i dont know why i cant get on the itunes store, im assuming its something to do with ports being blocked for some reason ? If so how do i unblock them.

EDIT: Heres that xbench thing, bearing in mind this is only a Macbook!

picture1ie6.png

EDIT EDIT: Yup Tomm you were right, it was blocking port 80, yet for some reason managing to block the itunes store only and not any other webpage, i have no idea why either as i havent changed anything.

Edited by Bondy

wanting wireless for internet and printer, or HD storage.

do i pick up an airport extreme base station cheaply (£60-70 new) and hook up device.

or do i get leopard and a time capsule (£199 for 500gb)

also.. anyone know of any issues of wireless printing ?

another point.. is leopard worth the extra features for the extra space it uses?

cheers

Edited by future orange 660

wanting wireless for internet and printer, or HD storage.

do i pick up an airport extreme base station cheaply (£60-70 new) and hook up device.

or do i get leopard and a time capsule (£199 for 500gb)

also.. anyone know of any issues of wireless printing ?

another point.. is leopard worth the extra features for the extra space it uses?

cheers

I've got wireless printing via my PC which was a bit of a faff to set up (although I don't know if that's more because of the Windows machine) but it's very robust now and works really well. If you're into double-sided printing, that won't work over wireless and I'm not sure about borderless photo printing either. I think you're asking about connecting a printer directly to the router though, right?

Apple routers are a bit of a rip off to be honest. You can get much things much cheaper but they might not be so elegant. For example get a normal router (£50 ish) and a 500gb NAS with printer support (£100 ish?). But you'll have wired networking too, and you'll be able to access the hard drive from other computers, and have a printer AND hard drive. I think there's a hack to run Time Machine from a network drive now too.

Leopard is good, well worth it IMO. For me it's just a lot of the little things that make it better than Tiger. Time Machine is OK but not all that amazing (I can do backups fine on my own without a stupid animation) but the changes to Finder and Mail alone are worth the upgrade.

Id like to run mail to use my hotmail account. Ive had a few goes at setting it up, managed to get it so I could send outgoing emails, but not get any incoming ones. Anyone know if A, it can work with a hotmail account and B, has a guide to make it work?

Cheers

Id like to run mail to use my hotmail account. Ive had a few goes at setting it up, managed to get it so I could send outgoing emails, but not get any incoming ones. Anyone know if A, it can work with a hotmail account and B, has a guide to make it work?

Cheers

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/emai...mailplugin.html

?

Typing from my new Macbook Pro, I'm the newest member of the Apple clan.

Be prepared for a million questions, starting with:

When looking on finder, one time my PC desktop came up and I could share files between the two, which was awesome. Now it doesn't come up anymore though, I've tried restarting both computers, any ideas?

Also, anyone got a broken stones invite?:P

Typing from my new Macbook Pro, I'm the newest member of the Apple clan.

Be prepared for a million questions, starting with:

When looking on finder, one time my PC desktop came up and I could share files between the two, which was awesome. Now it doesn't come up anymore though, I've tried restarting both computers, any ideas?

Also, anyone got a broken stones invite?:P

Don't tell me you've just bought a MBP?

The new ones ship in like... 4 days :(

Oh and f**k torrents, its all about rapidshare and knowing the right forums!!

Edited by JonMack