The Google Earth Challenge And Info Thread...

BONGO

How are you guys copying the co-ordinates from Google Earth to here?

If you make a new marker ("Add placement"), the co-ordinates come up in there for you to copy/paste. I would have thought there might be an easier way, but I haven't found one.

I wanna go play here 32° 9'4.20"N 110°51'16.55"W

Whoa that's cool. I have heard about that place but never seen it. My ex's family used to live in Tucson and she said it was like planes as far as the eye could see. Mental :S

Oi, where!!! I'm desperate to know boyo!!

On mine it's just on the Tools menu. You can choose which airport to take off from, and which plane to fly. Pretty basic but still fun.

Maybe I've just got a newer version?

Try pressing Ctrl-Alt-A or just Ctrl-A.

I'm just gona copy and paste this, because I'm well lazy.

GOOGLE EARTH apparently has a flight simulator buried within the code.

According to Marco writing in his bog here Google has made no notes about the flight sim anywhere in its documentation, so it is not clear how anyone found out about it.

The way you find it is to install the latest version of GE and use Google sky. Windows users then can use Ctrl+Alt+A or if you have an Apple still running OSS X you need to play with Command+Option+A.

A dialog should pop up which lets you chose between two aircraft, an F16 and an SR22. You get to pick a start position and then you are flying.

Apparently the controls are a bit tricky but you get some good views.

Marco has posted some screen shots on his bog, which you can gain access too by shouting through the keyhole.

Let me know if it's true

I'm just gona copy and paste this, because I'm well lazy.

GOOGLE EARTH apparently has a flight simulator buried within the code.

According to Marco writing in his bog here Google has made no notes about the flight sim anywhere in its documentation, so it is not clear how anyone found out about it.

The way you find it is to install the latest version of GE and use Google sky. Windows users then can use Ctrl+Alt+A or if you have an Apple still running OSS X you need to play with Command+Option+A.

A dialog should pop up which lets you chose between two aircraft, an F16 and an SR22. You get to pick a start position and then you are flying.

Apparently the controls are a bit tricky but you get some good views.

Marco has posted some screen shots on his bog, which you can gain access too by shouting through the keyhole.

Let me know if it's true

[/You press ctrl+A and it works in earth mode not sky