Extending Bars... Only 27"s At The Mo

The Duck

i have some random hardwood that i lathed down, fits perfectly, and seems really strong. just do that. ( assuming you have access to a lathe )

Dont actually have access to a vice :huh: (normally use a mates) Let alone a lathe... Wish i was back at school...

You could cut some ends off some old bars that are the same diameter (perhaps the bars you are replacing) about 1.5 inches each, then get some 19mm tubing (think thats the internal diameter of the monty bars/worth checking though) and use that to hold the extensions to the bars, that way you have a flush finish.

Also if you have lock-on grips you can use them to hold the extensions to the bars.

Whatever tubing you use, its quite good to use some that is painted first, meaning that its just a bit bigger than what the diameter suggests, that way you can really force the tubing in and the paint will kind of deform and help to hold it all together.

Hope thats of some use.

talk to inur on here, 7 pound he does extenders for. The ones he has though are for 221pros so if you have ti's then like i had to do you rap so tap round to make them right width and then hammer them in. And even glue them if your planning on stick with that width of bar.

talk to inur on here, 7 pound he does extenders for. The ones he has though are for 221pros so if you have ti's then like i had to do you rap so tap round to make them right width and then hammer them in. And even glue them if your planning on stick with that width of bar.

It's PR mate. (Y)

I would use the wood method, would probably be lighter.

if your that bothered about the weight even though they weigh f**k all, just drill holes in the extenders, its only alu so its easy enough to drill.

I can only get steel. Read what I said. I would go for wood anyway, because it costs nothing and, surprisingly, wood is lighter than aluminium.

I'm not a weight weeny, I would just rather use a lighter, free substance than a heavy, expensive one. But that's just me.

I can only get steel. Read what I said. I would go for wood anyway, because it costs nothing and, surprisingly, wood is lighter than aluminium.

I'm not a weight weeny, I would just rather use a lighter, free substance than a heavy, expensive one. But that's just me.

But wood is alot easier to snap especially if you have your hands on the edge of the bars its going to put alot of strain on the point where the extenders change diameter.

I wouldnt be suprised if you could get the alu from ebay anyway or you could buy it cheap im sure.

But wood is alot easier to snap especially if you have your hands on the edge of the bars its going to put alot of strain on the point where the extenders change diameter.

I wouldnt be suprised if you could get the alu from ebay anyway or you could buy it cheap im sure.

Yeh I suppose, it depends how much you extend them by doesn't it? 1.5 inches either side may be the limit I think.

I looked on Ebay for some Aluminium to make my disc mount out of, it was all too expensive and too thick. I can run my snail cams inside my frame with this mount, so everyone is happy.

With it only being an inch at either end then it's not all that important as there's not alot of leverage going through that part of a handlebar. I would never weld anywhere near the centre of a bar.

The only part that loses the heat treatment when a piece of T6 aluminium is welded is immediately around the weld. This becomes T4. The weld is T4 also.