Lewis Vs Fernando Vs Kimi

Howard Hughes

Lewis Vs Fernando Vs Kimi  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Formula One world championship this weekend?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen

what crappy week for english sport!

lost the football and might not qualify for the euros

hamilton failled to win the F1 title

lost the rugby world cup final

o'sullivan lost the snooker final

shocker!

England suck at most things! All our good footballers/rugby players etc just end up turning into celebrities, which sucks

Thats why we need people like hamilton, hes there to win! Not just to become a famous celeb.

Well at least we got the world superbike champion, and junior world trials champion.(Y) Which is a brilliant

And i bet sportsman of the year still goes to some stupid over paid footballer who scored "a great goal" playing for his club.grrr!!! :angry:

The BMW Sauber and Williams teams have escaped penalty after being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over fuel irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday’s Interlagos race.

Under Formula One racing’s technical regulations fuel temperatures are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. According to FIA data, Williams and BMW Sauber exceeded this range during the race, but after deliberating for several hours stewards decided the evidence was insufficient to justify sanctions.

However, McLaren are expected to appeal the stewards' decision, which if overturned could have serious implications for the 2007 drivers' championship.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, Lewis Hamilton would move up to from seventh to fourth, giving him enough points to beat Kimi Raikkonen to the title.

England suck at most things! All our good footballers/rugby players etc just end up turning into celebrities, which sucks

Thats why we need people like hamilton, hes there to win! Not just to become a famous celeb.

Sorry but thats a big load of bollocks youre talking. How the hell can you say the rugby team suck lmfao!? They got to the 'final' of this world cup, and won the last world cup. The players dont choose to become celebrities, the media makes them celebrities and if it wasnt for the celebrities then rugby would still be an even more underrated and less well known sport. Also the only real english rugby player that made the biggest effect is Wilkinson because he scored a very important point in the last world cup.

As for saying they arent there to win thats just stupid.

Sorry but thats a big load of bollocks youre talking. How the hell can you say the rugby team suck lmfao!? They got to the 'final' of this world cup, and won the last world cup. The players dont choose to become celebrities, the media makes them celebrities and if it wasnt for the celebrities then rugby would still be an even more underrated and less well known sport. Also the only real english rugby player that made the biggest effect is Wilkinson because he scored a very important point in the last world cup.

As for saying they arent there to win thats just stupid.

Ok, my post was mainly aimed at footballers turning into celebs, which is true. I understand a lot of them dont choose to be celebs, and you need some to help the sport progress, but some of them get too involved in trying to look like a popstar rather than aiming to be the best in their sport, then get into all the celeb side of things, after.

It just annoys me when we have some really great sportsmen such as james toseland, and he gets a few lines in the newspaper about once a month! and hes the world champion!

Back on topic

Any predictions for next season?

What did they do to the fuel temps? Like put really cold fuel into the car so they could put more in or...? :S

If the fuel in the rig (which is covered in an insulated blanket) is colder than ambient temperature, then the fuel is more dense meaning you can get it into the car quicker (as the volume decreases) and it also creates more power as it lowers the charge temperature and increases the energy density of the fuel going in.

Mike Gascoyne reckons the colder fuel in the Williams and BMW would be worth 5-10 bhp.

5-10bhp, which lets face it in these cars will not cost you 3 places on the grid...

I'm glad Lewis has said he doesn't want to win that way, and has said he thinks it would be a stupid decision to make for the sport. Wants his driving to do the talking, legend. :)

HAHA sorry guys its funny...ladbrokes raked in 35 million.......cos of Hamiltion.

also 5 weeks ago, paddy power gave 2-1 chance for hamiltion, its bollocked up now....another thing-somebody made a bet that hamiltion wont win, it was a 3-1 chance (dont know who were the betters) that person won £300...

only just seen this topic, and only just read up on the results...

i can't believe Kimi Raikkonen won, i was arguing with my mate at work all day sunday about how i hope raikkonen beats both alonso and hamilton, i can't wait to rub it in his face.

i'm so gald, i hate alonso, and i'm not gonna jump on the 'support hamilton just cos he's british' band wagon, he's had so much nurturing up to this point he should be as good as he is, it's nothing special.

Raikkonen was at 11-1 a few weeks ago to win the championship, oh how i'm glad i took that one! He's a great driver and desevered a championship. Hopefully Hamilton will get it next season and he should because his driving is immense. Lets not forget Button either, probably one of the best wet weather drivers, hope he has a decent car under him next season so he can make use of his potential.

Before Austrailia Hamilton was 125-1 to win the championship and about 25-1 to win the first race. I decided against taking both prices as I figured that Hamilton would probably make a big mistake in qually or the race, but put in some great lap time a la Rosberg the year before. Also Hamilton wouldn't be a championship contender as you need to mount your championship campaign early in the year, and by the time he was upto speed, he'd be too far out of the title fight.

I was so close to missing out on £1250... Ended up just saving a tenner :)

Lets not forget Button either, probably one of the best wet weather drivers, hope he has a decent car under him next season so he can make use of his potential.

I'd love to see Jenson in a race winning car, he deserves it - he's a good driver, just never been in the right place at the right time. Be great if the rumour mill turns out to be correct for once and that he is signed up to mclaren next year.

"Ferrari are the most important team in F1" - The politics/money are what ruins F1, its sad really. :( Max and Bernie are more interested in their pockets that the sport. Wouldn't suprise me if we hardly have any traditional circuits left on the calender soon, give it 10 years and most of the races will be held in the middle east/asia.

ladbrokes actually made a huge loss in scotland over the week lol losing the world cup then hamilton losing was like a dream come true for most people up here.

i don't care about the rugby but i thought it was a bit of a shame on hamilton and 5-10 bhp makes all the difference really could quite easily be the difference between 4th and 7th

Alonso's going to have to do some serious sucking up at mclaren!!

Ive heard that if mclaren get rid of him, and renault dont want him, toyota's his next choice?

Would be interesting

Btw, is sebastion bourdox(sp) going to toro rosso next year, cant remmeber, 99% sure he is, i know hes in f1, couldnt remember who with.

Just found this on the F1 website- uh oh

Engine development to be frozen for ten years

The FIA has announced that it will tighten current restrictions and freeze engine development for a decade as of next season. The decision was taken at a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council, which was held in Paris on Wednesday.

“There will be a total freeze on engine development for a period of 10 years, starting from 2008,” said the statement. “A change can be made after five years but only with the unanimous agreement of all stakeholders and following a further two-year notice period. Total freeze means that there will be no exceptions for development of certain parts of the engine, as is the case under the current regulations.”

Rules restricting engine development were introduced for the 2007 season.

Edited by Scotty Evil1

Alonso's going to have to do some serious sucking up at mclaren!!

Ive heard that if mclaren get rid of him, and renault dont want him, toyota's his next choice?

Would be interesting

Btw, is sebastion bourdox(sp) going to toro rosso next year, cant remmeber, 99% sure he is, i know hes in f1, couldnt remember who with.

Just found this on the F1 website- uh oh

Engine development to be frozen for ten years

Theyr'e trying to bring more teams into F1 so are making it a 'little' more affordable. Also all the manufactures have to have a certain amount of parts avalible to satilite teams. I know from an interveiw at prodrive earlyer this year they are going into F1 next year.

Would be interesting

Yeah but Toyota could pay him more than he can imagine so if all he wants is $$ he'd be laughing (to be fair I'd quite like him to retire and disappear from the circuit)!

Btw, is sebastien bourdais going to toro rosso next year, cant remmeber, 99% sure he is, i know hes in f1, couldnt remember who with.

Yup... the kid's very fast in Champ Cars so could be interesting. Reckon he may be in the real Red Bull team in 2009 if all goes well, by which time they may have even worked out how to get the best out of Adrian Newey's car... and with a bit of luck his leaving the US scene could give Justin Wilson a run at the Champ Car Championship :)