Cannondale Ashton Signature

rathergoodpie

Frame courtesy of Phill Thomas off the forum. Nice one dude!

This has been my little "project" for the last week. It really is a sweet trials/xc frame. super, super light. Plus i can now say that I have two ashtons 8 years apart! Pictures don't really do it justice (pardon the pun) as my digicam is out of batt. Will post up some high res pics if peeps are intrested?

Spec is pretty sweet/ old skool too, mavic 521's on hope bulbs, old hope mini on the back (with hope custom mounts) 98 rock shox sidehop's on the front etc. Shame to give her away but its an xmas pressie for my lady (awwwww) as she is intrested in trials but needs a getting around bike too. lucky lucky lady. Anyways here she is!!

ps. i will be riding again soon, having to work overtime is never fun! word me up Bigman!!

gallery_1016_228_48986.jpg

gallery_1016_228_79344.jpg

and her grandson...

gallery_1016_7_28823.jpg

Actually, come to think of it i have made my boyhood dream of owning and Ashton replica AND a hawyes replica!! (sad, but true)

gallery_1016_228_55.jpg

comments welcome!

Sweet love those old school frames! Especially the Cannondale trials frames! SWEEEEET!!

DUUUDDDEEEEE..... had to be done..

Very nice mate, i you need some headshocks or fatty r's though then it would be the bollox, and the newer Ashton has got to be my favorite Ashton ever, very nicely done.

Adam

Oh man

That was my dream back in the days. I saw Martyn riding it at the MBUK show in Poole in say...2001 it was.

There were one or two of them in Russia and the build-ups were so stylish and oldschool: also the mavics, hope bulbs, blue maguras, roox or thompson stem and selle italia saddle. MMMMM

I still remember the cannondale team banner at the local cannondale vendor in Moscow. There was Martyn and his bike there......

The frame was awesome. Nice colour and smooth welds. Do we get that nowadays? Modern frames don't look as good now :(

I loved this bike so much that i even got an XC Cannondale :) So the marketing strategy worked for cannondale. Martyn did good promotion to the brand.

Congrats!

I think you should do a bit of modifying to that cannondale such as:

Blue cannondale fattys

raceline yellow hs33's

Small trials seat

and some other swish parts. then it will look old school for sure:).

Them martin hawes replica's im tempted for one of them and always wanted one.

I think you should do a bit of modifying to that cannondale such as:

Blue cannondale fattys

raceline yellow hs33's

Small trials seat

and some other swish parts. then it will look old school for sure:).

Them martin hawes replica's im tempted for one of them and always wanted one.

It had cannondale fattys, blue ones, but Rob has built it up as a cross country bike for his girl friend!

Adam

• 3 months later...

Hi Rob,

Wow I love your bike!!!! I've been hanging onto this pick for the last week or so, glaring at the perfect harmony of specs! Your lady must be loving it!!!!!!!!!! I've got the Cannondale Ashton myself, but I must admit it doesn't look almost as sleek..... :$

What Headset is that?

I've desperately been looking to buy that Volvo/Cannondale saddle, but it's impossible to find anywhere! Maybe you could have a word with your lady and ask if she could possibly bare the thought of parting with it to save a guy from hopeless desperation.....

I would offer you a very decent price and send you my black CODA so you can replace it. (If it's only for "getting around") Let me know.... ;)

Robbie

Hi Rob,

Wow I love your bike!!!! I've been hanging onto this pick for the last week or so, glaring at the perfect harmony of specs! Your lady must be loving it!!!!!!!!!! I've got the Cannondale Ashton myself, but I must admit it doesn't look almost as sleek..... :$

What Headset is that?

I've desperately been looking to buy that Volvo/Cannondale saddle, but it's impossible to find anywhere! Maybe you could have a word with your lady and ask if she could possibly bare the thought of parting with it to save a guy from hopeless desperation.....

I would offer you a very decent price and send you my black CODA so you can replace it. (If it's only for "getting around") Let me know.... ;)

Robbie

As much as I'd love to part with it, theres no way I'm gonna cross her! I will get some better pics of it shortly, as my shitty phone pics dont do it justice.

Sorry dude, no swap, no sale.