Court

Whiteboy

well the story goes bout 3 konths back i was caught speeding on my motorbike down a dual caridgeway that is a 50, i was doing 82. just before the roundabout that leads onto the carridge way i was overtaken by a much bigger bike (R1) i carried on in no way chasing the bike (as if i would have a chance) riding down the carridge way while watching this bike speed very quickly away. half way don the carridge way i look down and relise i was doing about 65-70 so i put my indicator on as relised something behind me to pull over and get out of its way, also to slow down beacuse of the speed i was dojng. before i even got the chance to get in the inside lane the blue lights falshes i pull over hoping it wasnt me he was after (as you do) but of course it was. got in the car he told me my speed and that he had followed me for 0.355 of a mile and clocked me over 15 seconds. he then explained that he had his eye on the bigger bike but saw me speeding away.

so bassiclly got the leet through few days ago saying im going to court. now probklem is i havnt got a clue how to handle it. ive never been before and the last thing i want to do is to say anything that is going to drop me more in it. i also need to write a staitment but have no clue due to the same reasons above. so has anyone got any tips on what to do and say. anyone experianced it before. what sort of fine/points am i looking at? revoked license? ban? all help would be great. thanks

cheers

Admit you're guilt. And when they ask have you anything to add, apologize for the trouble you have cased and you realize the possibile ramifications of you're actions.

Thats exactly what I did Whitey and I got away with a £20 fine and no points which must make me the luckyest person ever, just don't bullshit them and don't point out the guy on the R1 as this will look like your trying to shift the blame.

Edited by Matt_Tupman

Hopefully a visit to a courthouse might make you think twice about what you do when you are out on the road on your bike. It's seems ironic that you are wearing a DJ teeshirt, it was idiots like you who killed him. Remember they were driving at speed (60-83mph) in a 40 mile an hour zone!

You might be lucky as someone has said and only get a fine or points on your licence but i have have heard of people going to prison for doing less.

Good Luck

Sue x

Hopefully a visit to a courthouse might make you think twice about what you do when you are out on the road on your bike. It's seems ironic that you are wearing a DJ teeshirt, it was idiots like you who killed him. Remember they were driving at speed (60-83mph) in a 40 mile an hour zone!

You might be lucky as someone has said and only get a fine or points on your licence but i have have heard of people going to prison for doing less.

Good Luck

Sue x

Hi Sue. Thank you for you're input into this lads err onus way. All I can say is, Thank god the police caught you. I said earlier on to admit your guilt but to my surprise, Scopse seems to think that is funny. I can't see what is so funny.

Remember that the on a bike you are not on the better side of the fatality statistics Whiteboy. Enjoy you're youth, but be safe.

Good Luck

Sue x

Man, i may so get slated or go to hell for this, but with all due respect to our dearest DJ, this situation is completely different to those events that tragically took DJ? They had no license, were out to speed with no thought to anyone but themselves where as Tom's was just, by the sounds of it a sad mistake?

I think sometimes the situation and persons attitude has to be taken into account, and i think the story on Pistonheads about the Type-R crash is a good example of this.

I still can't see whats funny about it. And why the "scouser" remark. It's not a bad thing to be a scouser, so don't use the term in a derogatory way.

Dude, not this again, no one cares, it was a joke, people joke about Southern Fairys, Northern Monkeys, we don't care, neither should you. :rolleyes:

Dude, not this again, no one cares, it was a joke, people joke about Southern fairy's, Northern Monkeys, we don't care, neither should you. :rolleyes:

Well I care a lot. You need to read what Sue wrote . She is a grieving mother and she obviously cares about humanity. Do you understand grief, I do, personally and professionally. And by no way do I want anyone to joke about anyone being a northern monkey. Call yourself what you want.

Well I care a lot. You need to read what Sue wrote . She is a grieving mother and she obviously cares about humanity. Do you understand grief, I do, personally and professionally. And by no way do I want anyone to joke about anyone being a northern monkey. Call yourself what you want.

Lighten up sunshine.

Man, i may so get slated or go to hell for this, but with all due respect to our dearest DJ, this situation is completely different to those events that tragically took DJ? They had no license, were out to speed with no thought to anyone but themselves where as Tom's was just, by the sounds of it a sad mistake?

I'm by no means saying that speeding is a good thing, far from it, but I agree with Simon. Tom was on a dual carriageway and also was on a motorbike, personally I think they're less dangerous to pedestrians compared to a car. Also Tom said so himself he didn't realise he was going so fast, so went to slow down, he wasn't a reckless joyrider with no license and the intent to break the speed limit. I can in no way comprehend the pain you must feel every day to have lost a son, but I don't think you can compare every speeding offense to the one that took DJ from us.

Whiteboy, is there not a section on the letter where you can admit your guilt & reply by post. I had a letter recently (motorbike related but not for speeding) saying that i was due in court in Northwich but if i was to plead guilty i could do it by post. I did that & wrote a letter to the courts which clarified the facts of the incident (don't try to blame others or sugar coat the truth though) & it was read out to the court on my behalf. If i'd had to turn up in person it would've been a nightmare because getting off the IoM when the weather's bad is definately easier said than done.

I wasn't implying that it was the same situation as DJ at all, i was merely saying that everyone has an excuse about driving fast, whether it be on a dual carriageway or on a country road. I just wanted to get across that every vehicle whether being driven legally or not should be treated with respect...death can happen anywhere.

So all of you just be careful out there will you. I would hate for anyone else's parents to have to cope with what we are going through.

love Sue x :deej::bunny::deej:

My Dad had something like this, was 11 seconds late through some traffic lights... dont think he even apeared in court, just pleaded his guilt but he had to show proof of all his earnings, water electricity bills etc. which was really distressing for him as he hates other people know how much hes earning, but yea he got 3 points and a fine which was in line with his sallary, so im guessing yours would be less