Driving Test! Updated With My Result!

theone2be

Driving test is tomorrow at 15.02. Ive been a massive petrolhead since before i can remember, i really cant afford to fail this. Ive been constantly doubting myself all day as to wether i can do it or not, now im really worried about failing. Any one got any advice or experience in this that can help me??

Sam

Edited by thwaites14

Any one got any advice or experience in this that can help me??

Yea.. just dont f**k it up.... dont hit a cerb, dont drive too slowly, dont drive too quickly, chatt up your examiner (worked for me) when doing your manuvers take your time, if people get in your way slow down and be cautious.... especially seeing as your doing it at about school leaving hours....

Mirrors are quite a big thing really. Just show's that you know what's around you etc. Also like mentioned before, be cautious. The main thing really is to not get nervous and put doubts in your head. Just think positively and be calm. Good luck (Y)

Advice would be dont panic, you stall u stall, means nothing, and keep them talking, about a neutral subject, a it keeps you relaxed, and b it makes you seem relaxed to the examiner when driving a car. I spent 40mins talking about the jowett, and got 4 minors at the end, just dont panic u'll be fine.

you'll be nervous right up untill you get into the car, after that you'll be fine :)

just need to take time on everything! yet drive quick enough!

my best advice is it be methodical, and only do something if you need to do it, not just for the sake of it because it feels right.

Will

Hey people. Might as well tell the story now.

I had a lesson in the morning before the test and one in the afternoon just before it. In the first lesson i was soo nervous and i drove like a pile of crap, but some how, i calmed down in the second lesson and was pretty calm for the test aswel.

My examiner came out and as soon as he called my name i knew i drew the short straw. Apparently he's been nicknamed miserable dave, so you can imagin how things were gona go.

Walked out to the car and didnt unlock it with the key fob, just put it in the door. got in and the alarm started goin off HAHA. I turned it off and was giggling but he was like a stone face killer, even tried talking to him and he ignored me!!!

Went for a little drive and i was a little unsure of myself but ws ok. then we did the 2 manouvers, i was ok at them aswell.

THEN

as i was driving back to the test centre he asked me to pull in, i did. The he pointed to a light on the dash (airbag warning) and asked me what it was. Now i thought this was a test, but no. When he astablished it was the airbag warning light. he told me to turn off the engine because he has to TERMINATE the test because its unsafe to drive with that light on!

So we had to walk back and my test score, because it wasnt a full test (only 30mins), was put to zero! He said this dosnt count as a fail, it just counts as if i havent taken a test yet! I felt like hitting him, even though hes done the right thing.

And to rub it in even more, i asked on the walk back to the test centre how i was doing. And now he's given me a sheet with the amount of errors / minors i had. Now for 30mins of a 40min test. I had ZERO minors or faults.!!!!! Now i felt like hitting him.

So now i have to rebook a test which i dont have to pay for, but its just the fact that if that light had stayed off for 5 / 10 mins more than i had aa great chance of passing!

Now im just pissed off

Sam

Seems pretty harsh. I mean if it was the engine light or something serious then it would make sense. But there are still plenty of cars without airbags so it's pretty unfortunate that you had to stop the test. Oh well, good luck next time.