Your All Going To Die!

Token

Anyone bothered?

Met Office link

Was just watching on the news that like the fatal storm of 1953 that killed 2000 people measured 3.2m or whatever, forecasts are that this storm is going to measure 2.9m

I guess if you live in the South/South East like me then you might want to bring the washing in.

Severe gales in the North Sea have given rise to a significant storm surge. The Environment Agency have issued a number of Severe Flood Warnings. A Severe Flood Warning means that there is extreme danger to life and property and the public are urged to take immediate action by referring to the Environment Agency Floodline (0845 988 1188) and their website (www.environment-agency.gov.uk). Advice may also be available on radio and television.

This is more to do with the area where the channel narrows ie Thames estuary/Kent. In 1953 the storm surge was "funnelled" by the narrowing of the channel increasing its magnitude, the councils in the area have improved sea defences since then hopefully they will be sufficient to stop the rising sea level.

Okay well 1 person has got to atleast die. If nobody dies then thats fine, but I quite look forward to find out on the news that 'Joe Blogg slipped on a pavement and was swallowed by a basking shark'.

haha that would make for interesting news, the tabloids would go into a frenzy claiming that basking sharks now eat humans and that it's not safe for anyone to go into the seas.