The Design Thread

GlynnP

Hey guys havnt posted in awhile just a quick bit of help on some college work.

Doing a unit at the moment called words and images and we had to design a logo could be for anything you wanted but they suggested doing ourselfs as designers.

So to bump my marks I am looking for a basic opinion one which layout / text combo you prefer.

As its college work i am not to bothered on the acturly design / logo as all they want to see is how we got there and why.

So yeah which text and layout do you prefer

Thanks

P.S Sorry its the business card to go with the logo so basicly all the dark grey ones are the front design for the back thats underneith them.

post-5650-1209371478_thumb.png

Edited by GlynnP

I am not using it in the logo just the info text.

I agree with Jon though i still like helvetica and like its cleaness and looks good.

Theres just somthing about it thats pleasing must be a reason why its still the most common use text espcailly within graphic design and advertising almost all major companys we have been brought up with will still use it some where.

Anyone know what i need to be able to do Graphic Design at uni. although im looking to do Design in graphics and media

nothing? Unfortunatly design courses in general require you to be willing to learn thats about it, often people graduate with no skill or knowledge, Your best off developing your own portfolio... more useful than any grade.

• 4 weeks later...

Been working on this for a poster we have to produce for our final show, has to be the best of our work over the last 3 years, and as all my work is shit, I've done this...

EDIT: It's A3 normally, not 1024px wide :P

Edited by JonMack

I would suggest also looking at gill sans std (light and regular) also optima is modern and clean font. Just a few suggestions hope they help!

Leanne

edit: also liking futura at the moment as well

Edited by 1106

Thanks, have to keep the same fonts sadly. Big fan of Helvetica (for obvious reasons) and Avant Garde currently, although I did use Futura on a project last semester, I like the points at the tips of the uppercase letters. Not really into Gill, my lecturer loves it and he's a cock.