The Design Thread

GlynnP

Nice pages Webber! Glad you're helping out myspace people. Most of the pages on there look like a clown puked all over them. :P

Love the undead omgnoseat! Good work on the trials pic too. I'd like to see some textures added to everything to make it really pop. Just my two bits there.

As far as the town pic, I used Photoshop mostly. Just scanned some sketches in and worked over them.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers for the kind words Tappets! :)

Also a question for Mr Scott.

I was just wondering what font it was you used for your "sneakerhead" images?

I've been looking for a bold type font like that for ages, and i'm guessing its been right under my nose but i just havn't spotted it.

Cheers

James

Dunno if you can really call it design but i am kind of starting myspace designing.

Doing custom layouts for bands etc.

James

Love them mate!

im no designer, i need to make a logo for myself, this is my first draft so i would love so feed back if poss

Cheers

post-10453-1241805190_thumb.png

I've been looking for a bold type font like that for ages, and i'm guessing its been right under my nose but i just havn't spotted it.

Cheers

James

Isn't it just Helvetica?

Can i print the grid lines on photoshop!?

Not that I have found. I could be mistaken though. Also checked the output switches nested inside the print/page setup menus.

You could make some easily in Illustrator if you have that handy and import them into Photoshop. Probably more work that it's worth though.

Can i print the grid lines on photoshop!?

I dont think so. But, alternatively this could work.

- Make a new layer under the gridlines layer

- Get a white brush at the appropriate width

- Hold shift and trace underneath the gridlines.

(Make sure u go over them a few times to get the edges straight).

Edited by Harris

In photoshop use the pen tool an draw all round it. Then right click an do 'stroke outline' or something so it creates an actual line of what you've drawn.

Best bet really though is Illustrator, photoshops buddy program for more illustraty, line work an shit.

Looks pretty sick by the way, sort out that arrow of the M though, where it curves round the bar goes so small an tight it looks awkward.

Aha well, the whole selection could be useful.

But i'm sure thats a bit troublesome.

Also a question for you designers.

I've recently been considering upgrading myself to a Mac, but have had draw aways.

Such as you can get a highly specced pc for the same price if not cheaper.

What makes a Mac the designers desired toy?

Aha well, the whole selection could be useful.

But i'm sure thats a bit troublesome.

Also a question for you designers.

I've recently been considering upgrading myself to a Mac, but have had draw aways.

Such as you can get a highly specced pc for the same price if not cheaper.

What makes a Mac the designers desired toy?

They're intuitive.

Oh, and they work.

</my 2p>

I loved my Mac. Those days are gone for me only because I have an unlimited used PC parts connection these days.

Anyhoo, here's something I dug up from a web comic a mate and I started - and never really pursued due to time issues.

Kinda old, and the text would ultimately be switched out with a home made font that I haven't plugged in there yet.

post-18816-1242137971_thumb.jpg

I bought a Mac because we were going to be using them at college. That was nearly 7 years ago and I've tried to stay away from PC's since then.

I can't explain what it is about them that is so great, it's just everything really. The PC vs Mac argument could go on forever, as could the price argument, but I'd much rather have a nice 24" iMac than a shitty looking tower covered in awful fans, cut out windows and horrible leds everywhere.

Cheers

James

The face used for the Laceup, 'sneaker head' brief is Nevis. It only comes in the one weight, or it did the last time when I found it. Im sure there will be another font kicking around somewere thats about the same, and, with more weight options.

cant u get little 13" for 700quid?

yeah but its the old style plastic one im not a fan my self both my sisters have them they just feel a bit flimsy compared to the more expensive metal ones but then again that is reflected in the price i suppose. Plus the spec is not great on the 13 inch one.

joe

yeah but its the old style plastic one im not a fan my self both my sisters have them they just feel a bit flimsy compared to the more expensive metal ones but then again that is reflected in the price i suppose. Plus the spec is not great on the 13 inch one.

joe

Thats a shame, i was thinking about purchasing one.

Guess i could look on ebay for one of the higher spec'd ones

Ok so,

I have a logo i've drawn up for a band.

They really wanted it like identical to the style of superdry, so please dont go hurling any insults for the obvious similarity in design :(

But i now have the need to recreate the design in photoshop/illustrator but am failing ever so harshly at it :(

I've scanned in the design and am trying to go over the lines etc with the pen tool but just cant seem to crack it.

Anyone got any guidence or tips on how to do it?

The designs below:

Apologies for the shockingly bad sketch up, i'm really no artist aha

lovescare4.jpg

I know this is a bit cheeky to ask but as mentioned in another thread im looking at a custom snowboard, issue being designing the graphics isnt my strong point. Could anyone help/ point me in the right direction of someone who could help with such a job?

Around 160cm by 30cm overall... Itll probably work out slightly smaller than that mind.

I dunno exactly what I want Id quite like to discuss it with whoever is drawing it up but in my head black and white lined drawing, almost like an unfinished sketch kinda thing.

dancegroup.jpg

Like that but with a completely different image.