Onza Cleaner

ConnorPowell

Looks wise, it is dam ugly for sure! Change the frame colour, grip colour, the grip shift, the tyres, the stem, the bars and the rim tape and who knows? Looks like a lot of nitromorse will be sold for Onza's again next year!

cleaner.jpg

Hitman looks a little better, but not much!

hitman.jpg

Edited by Concussion

the pics dont realy do the stikers on the bikes justice, they have quite a cool like shadow afect on them, (i thought it looked cool anyway!) and as for the frame, well yes it is the same geo of the old t rex, but its been put on a diet, i dont know numbers myself, but the cleaner frame is definatly a lot lighter, and as for colour, well no matter what colour a bike is put in there is allways gonna be someone that dosent like it, maybe a choice of colours would be a good move.

also i think it's good to see a range of complete bike's. it makes it much easyier for new people to start the sport.

rob

+0 bb...

Yuck.

'To be confirmed' (and see my comment below).

These are cheap full bikes! When I started trials, £550 wouldn't even get you a cheapo jump frame with terrible geometry (-25bb, 1010 wheelbase, 395 stays), some old steel forks off an XC bike that would bend forwards and backwards every ride, a pair of LX V Brakes, some unbranded riser bar and 60mm stem with 25.4 clamp that would undoubtedly snap when you least expected it, LX on D521 wheels (if you were lucky), Tioga DH tyres (that you had to cut the side nobbles off to get them to clear the frame), FSA cranks in Yellow with DMR bashring (if you were posh, home-made all the way though B) and a chainring that would bend if you looked at it, V8 copy pedals, a Sram chain, cheap steel headset, heavy massive 12-30 8-speed cassette, a Sora mech that twatted your chainstay every time you hopped and a thumbshifter that left bruises on your thighs every time you tried to bunnyhop.

I really don't see why these bikes are so 'bad'? They are for beginners and the price reflects that! I'm not a fan of the graphics, but the frame would last any rider right through their 'career' (don't forget that he very same geometry won the world champs in 2004) and is an excellent base.

If anyone can give me GENUINE reasons why the Hitman and Cleaner (and Spyrogyra too for that matter) bikes are bad then I would like to hear them (Y)

Adam

'To be confirmed' (and see my comment below).

These are cheap full bikes! When I started trials, £550 wouldn't even get you a cheapo jump frame with terrible geometry (-25bb, 1010 wheelbase, 395 stays), some old steel forks off an XC bike that would bend forwards and backwards every ride, a pair of LX V Brakes, some unbranded riser bar and 60mm stem with 25.4 clamp that would undoubtedly snap when you least expected it, LX on D521 wheels (if you were lucky), Tioga DH tyres (that you had to cut the side nobbles off to get them to clear the frame), FSA cranks in Yellow with DMR bashring (if you were posh, home-made all the way though B) and a chainring that would bend if you looked at it, V8 copy pedals, a Sram chain, cheap steel headset, heavy massive 12-30 8-speed cassette, a Sora mech that twatted your chainstay every time you hopped and a thumbshifter that left bruises on your thighs every time you tried to bunnyhop.

I really don't see why these bikes are so 'bad'? They are for beginners and the price reflects that! I'm not a fan of the graphics, but the frame would last any rider right through their 'career' (don't forget that he very same geometry won the world champs in 2004) and is an excellent base.

If anyone can give me GENUINE reasons why the Hitman and Cleaner (and Spyrogyra too for that matter) bikes are bad then I would like to hear them (Y)

Adam

Lol is that a good enough reason :P seriously dubious naming on that one.

Adams got a point. Sub £400 for a full build uci style stock is stupid compared to what you could get 5 years ago and whilst im not keen on the blue those frames are awesome. geo is great. i assume adams on about the old coust frames and if you think the geo suck watch the old coust videos and see how they got on with apparently awful 0bb rise. and add to that the frames will prob be indestructable like the old ones and your on to a winner

Onza are turning into Raleigh.

thats just stupid, lol raleigh are way better then onza.... more like apollo or probike lol

there gonn have to start selling like buy 2 get the 3rd one free or summit just to get rid of them lol or just buy one get one free lmao

thats just stupid, lol raleigh are way better then onza.... more like apollo or probike lol

there gonn have to start selling like buy 2 get the 3rd one free or summit just to get rid of them lol or just buy one get one free lmao

ha ha, Joker. one funny guy. No really you should do stand up. ;)

I will admit there not a bad looking frame remind me of the zoot but a bit more beefed up in some ways and

i agree with adam on this one these bikes are pritty good value for what your paying for them

When i first started trials the only close bikes to this price were the likes of DB street bikes,handsomedog bikes, azonic, merlin and other jump/street brand bikes and frames and they wernt really trials geo wise but most people still went for them becuse that was the way to start unless you are a rich sod who got a full koxx bike when they first came out

Biddle

Edited by davenorfolk

Try and find a spec that even comes close to the Onzas for that money, all you negative fannies need to remember whats you are paying for here.

Sure they have gash colour schemes, but thats nothing an afternoon with a tin of paint cant fix, for the money you cant beat them. As its been pointed out, most of you have just been spoilt for choice with your shiny gu frames and whatever long crap people ride now :P alot of people cant afford to start on 1ks worth of bike and these fit the bill perfectly, quit grumbling, onza have done shitloads for the trials community, pushing the price boundaries down, the quality up and making trials far more affordable. As Adam said, check what people have achieved on these bikes, they aren't shit. Also another thing worth pointing out, these are begginer bikes, starting out on a huge bb rise, etc isn't really ideal and so the geometry reflects that.

Pah, i'm grumpy today

Try and find a spec that even comes close to the Onzas for that money, all you negative fannies need to remember whats you are paying for here.

Sure they have gash colour schemes, but thats nothing an afternoon with a tin of paint cant fix, for the money you cant beat them. As its been pointed out, most of you have just been spoilt for choice with your shiny gu frames and whatever long crap people ride now :P alot of people cant afford to start on 1ks worth of bike and these fit the bill perfectly, quit grumbling, onza have done shitloads for the trials community, pushing the price boundaries down, the quality up and making trials far more affordable. As Adam said, check what people have achieved on these bikes, they aren't shit. Also another thing worth pointing out, these are begginer bikes, starting out on a huge bb rise, etc isn't really ideal and so the geometry reflects that.

Pah, i'm grumpy today

Dam right, These are production bikes. For the less skilled rider out there to go into any shop in the country, to show Joe blogs that he can have ago. People who are say Onza are shit are more then likely sat on a bike thats cost them over a grand, do you think we are incapable of making them sort of bikes? We can and will next year with our pro series. Let me tell you this though, Do you really think you sell many bikes when you price them up a £1200? rant over. sorry for lowering my self.

I recon that V brake equipped fella could be awesome.

Take off the gears/shifter, get some decent rear V pads, and a better rear hub and after that you'd be set for a good year until you needed to do anything else (cranks and bars being the next thing i'd change).

i think Adam is right, in that the best 'trials' bike i could get hold of back in the day was an Azonic DS1, steel forks that i weighed to be about 2kg, that Sora mech/cassette/chain deal The Wooley Hat Shop did, a Magura on the back with red pads and tar, Deore hubs with 'uprated' XT freehub on heavy Sun Rhyno rims.

And that cost me twice as much as the bikes shown here today!

"Back in my day..." :P