Bhutto Assassinated

Token

It's not good news. I got the impression (from the BBC news) that she was going to be quite important in changing Pakistan's fortunes. If that's the case then they're heading for trouble, but I wonder if she's not quite as influential as they would have you believe. Still, sounds like she was one of the Good Guys. RIP

had a micro debate at work about this yesterday, i work at mcdonalds so plenty of pakistani's around to talk to (no really). i for one believe that it was down to musharaff (sp), think about it, she had amazing popularity at her campaign rallys and in the media. he didnt have a hope of keeping his presidency after the election, so he had her bumped off. a lot of the people at work seemed to agree with my thoughts aswell, apart from someone said she was a western sympathiser and she wanted to stamp out terrorism... isnt that a good thing??

Ben

she was a western sympathiser and she wanted to stamp out terrorism... isnt that a good thing??

Ben

as far as we're concerned yes, but the bloke that did this was (a rough guess here, im throwing it out to you, may not be the case)a terrorist. in which case to him being stamped out is rather bad

Hopefully not the americans. Pakistan doesn't have much fuel right?

George Bush seems to be commentatin on the situation alot maybe because the US apparently invested $10 Billion into the country in hope Pakistan would help eradicate terrorism. So I wouldn't be surprised if America did get involved.

George Bush seems to be commentatin on the situation alot maybe because the US apparently invested $10 Billion into the country in hope Pakistan would help eradicate terrorism. So I wouldn't be surprised if America did get involved.

You can bet they will. Big style. Pakistan is one of only 9 or 10 countries in the world with nuclear weapons, and now it looks sure to be controlled by a govornment (radically!) opposed to the west!

Pakistan is one of only 9 or 10 countries in the world with nuclear weapons, and now it looks sure to be controlled by a govornment (radically!) opposed to the west!

Oh crap.. that could get freestyle :(

Edited by Skoze

You can bet they will. Big style. Pakistan is one of only 9 or 10 countries in the world with nuclear weapons, and now it looks sure to be controlled by a govornment (radically!) opposed to the west!

It's been like that for years though (Musharraf has been around for 9-10 years hasn't he?).

It's been like that for years though (Musharraf has been around for 9-10 years hasn't he?).

yea, but musharraf isnt really anti america is he.

hes had plenty of money and military help from the us, to help both his country, and to help him stay in power.

although he has spoke out about the war on terror and how he disagrees with it. he also kind of sided with america because he didnt want to feel the rath of them and india.

I don't really know. My point is that Musharraf has been around for a while, and now he may be around a bit longer. Nothing much has changed.

yea suppose i never thought of it like that, i more kind of thought "musharraf is going to be even less popular in pakistan than he is now,with the rumours of him doing it, hes bound to be kicked out of government any time soon"