Front Brake Hope Trial

Rear wheel Hope pro2 06 smoke gun Rhyno lite xl rim DMR Moto Digger

Rear Brake Hayes HFX-9 203mm

Single speed 22:16

Tensioner 4-Jeri's

Cranks some cheap Orbita cranks via ebay

VP pedals

Headset Cane Creek S8

Stem Thomson 110mm 5degree rise (from my giant)

Azonic DW bars try-all lock grips

Forks Giant Trial Team

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

Obviously there are parts that need to be changed when I get them money.

Thanks to Fred Judd and Pierre.

Also I see a mini 'copter, got one for christmas they are awsome.

Yeah they are really good :P

TrAsHeR Looks really nice

What is the back brake like ?

At first it didn't seem to bad, but after the second ride it wasn't holding under pressure on a slight down hill spot.

and yeah but there not all mine.

• 5 months later...
that doesnt need any more parts buying. IMO that is perfect desent standad.

Na, i'd defenatly change the back brake to something more reliable... and those cranks could do with changing, as they're really just Muscle Men.

I'm not saying those parts are bad, it just that it doesn't make sense to me having top quality parts - like a ProII, and a 24UK frame. Then letting it down with a dodgy back break.

Looks nice though :)

Pretty huge bump up there!

But that is super lush! How do people rekon the 24uk's ride? When compared to Inspired? Im stuck between the two!

Like others said, black forks, and it will be super super fit!

I bet he doesnt use it for much "hardcore" trials, i drop gaps and stuff, but more park and manuals and stuff, so that brake will most likely be fine. Thats my opinion anyway. Personally, i would have a maggie on a smooth rim, but hey, thats just me!

Owen

Pretty huge bump up there!

But that is super lush! How do people rekon the 24uk's ride? When compared to Inspired? Im stuck between the two!

Like others said, black forks, and it will be super super fit!

I bet he doesnt use it for much "hardcore" trials, i drop gaps and stuff, but more park and manuals and stuff, so that brake will most likely be fine. Thats my opinion anyway. Personally, i would have a maggie on a smooth rim, but hey, thats just me!

Owen

Yeah, I was doing a search and this came up. I was looking to see how many mm stackers 24'' riders use. It's been a month since I got my 24uk and I'm still experimenting on the stack.

I also use maggy on a smooth rim! It used to honk a lot but this week it became silent. Can anyone tell me why? It still bites on just as good though (never slipped yet). It's like the 'sound' gives you the assurance that your brakes are working goo.

The major difference between the 24uk and inspired is that the 24uk has all the 3 types of brake mounts. inspired has a bb rise of 35mm, but that varies according to your fork length right?

I wish I could try out an inspired! Too bad I'm the only one riding 24'' in my country. lol.

I also use maggy on a smooth rim! It used to honk a lot but this week it became silent. Can anyone tell me why? It still bites on just as good though (never slipped yet). It's like the 'sound' gives you the assurance that your brakes are working goo.

Sometimes it's because theres a build up of 'grey stuff' on your pads, which is actually a part of your rim that has worn away (even with smooth rims, as its obvious grinds wear away). And this can make your brake worse or silent.

I prefur a 'no honk' brake. But if you want the sound back, try taking the pad off and simply scratching the gray sh*te off.

Thers a good chance that hasn't happened to you, but you may aswel find out ;)

Edited by cai

Yeah, I was doing a search and this came up. I was looking to see how many mm stackers 24'' riders use. It's been a month since I got my 24uk and I'm still experimenting on the stack.

The major difference between the 24uk and inspired is that the 24uk has all the 3 types of brake mounts. inspired has a bb rise of 35mm, but that varies according to your fork length right?

I wish I could try out an inspired! Too bad I'm the only one riding 24'' in my country. lol.

I ride a 24" and use 40mm stackers, and 2" rise bars with a 17x60degree stem! Now feels in my eyes perfect. I have tried a good few sets of bars, stems, and stacker. Makes such a big difference to the feel of the bike!

Yeah i liked the idea of all 3 types of mounts.

And for your brake, try using a very very small amount of tar, thats what i do, it doesnt bite instantly, so is good for manuals, but holds when you give it a good tug!

Owen