Operation Was Successfull

John Shrewsbury

Well after spending 2 days in hospital and drugged up to the eyes balls.

My sholder is successfully bk to the way it was over a year ago, but in alot of pain.

I disloged my sholder upwards in a skatepark, bk in july august time of 06. But have been able to ride with it not fixed since then.

I will be going bk to hospital in 2 weeks to hav the stitches out, and hav an Xray to see how it looks. Then later on in 6 weeks time i start physio.

Be bk in full working order 4 too 6 months time, so ill be ready to ride for the summer.

Edited by John Shrewsbury

Serious stuff Mr John, but glad to hear all is going well so far! Fingers crossed once the physio work starts you'll be on a quick road to full recovery!

Operations are scary, but in the long-run quite often the best option.

Looking forward to seeing you back on your bike, I'll pop down for some local rocks and street when you're all mended ;).

Get well soon dude,

Dave

What did you actually do to it and what operation was it? Just curious - I had an op on my shoulder but it doesn't sound as serious as yours, I was only in for one day.

2 bones which run just below your neck on your chest, i knocked 1 out of the socket.

post-2074-1200060035.jpg

Edited by John Shrewsbury

I think that would be acromioclavicular separation. Someone else on here had it a while ago but don't think they had an operation for it. You can certainly see the shoulder's got a bump in the wrong place :P

Hope it gets well soon anyway, then you can give us some more videos :D

you'll be good mate. i had 19 months out and it flew over looking back...

You'll be back to it before you know it. If you sit waiting to get back it'll take forever. So have something to do in the time you're out. I had fishing and the motorbike. Get that sorted and you'll almost be happy it happened if you find a new hobby!

• 2 weeks later...
I think that would be acromioclavicular separation.

Thats it. I've got one at the moment and was told it was a common rugby injury. I had the option of an op. but was told that it was mainly cosmetic so didn't bother.

Took about 6 months to get it back to full strength but now it seems fine. It aches occasionaly if I sleep on it funny but that seems about all now.

Hope it heals up well and you're back out soon.

Thats it. I've got one at the moment and was told it was a common rugby injury. I had the option of an op. but was told that it was mainly cosmetic so didn't bother.

Took about 6 months to get it back to full strength but now it seems fine. It aches occasionaly if I sleep on it funny but that seems about all now.

Hope it heals up well and you're back out soon.

Yeh same here, does hurt when u sleep on it. ill get a pic of it up later showing the scar. They reduced 1/2 of the lump but deffo looks alot better.