Strong Chains

bob dmr

Kmc cool is the best chain bye far..The Khe ones get Stiff links very easy!

Theres a trick to it. If you look after it, it runs sweet. Plus it's not that heavy either.

[edit]

also look into the 710Kool (?) cool chain. the fat one i mean.

[edit2]

it's the 910Kool chain. the 710 is the medium one.

Edited by eskimo

These are very nice although I run a wide kmc kool as they are much cheaper and easier to maintain for trials. I snap chains relatively often so I'd rather go with the cheaper one you can just leave on your bike without much maintainance.

That one I linked is strong but is not unbreakable, I managed to break 2.

Edited by ZeroMatt

Theres a trick to it. If you look after it, it runs sweet. Plus it's not that heavy either.

The fact that I've run all manner of different chains with virtually no problem, yet both the KHE chains I had (and everyone's KHE that I've seen) stiffened up or snapped really easily suggests it's more chain than rider error?

Half llink chains are pretty Sh*t :(

Why does everyone say that half lonks are cr*p, yes ill admit that the ÂŁ13 half link on crc is pretty poor but to be honest you get what you pay for. Get a shadow conspiracy its pricey but awesome i had one on 2 different bike for two styles of riding (same chain just swapped it) and i havent had a problem. I went from jump/freeride to trials and i have never had a problem with it apart from the fact that i butched my chain link extractor making the chain shorter as the pins are very well fitted lol. Shadow conspiracy for the win :).

Shadow Conspiracy chains? Well fitting? We are talking about the same Interlock V2s here, yeah? The Interlock V2s with mushroom-headed pins that lose their "mushrooming" if you join them once, leaving them susceptible to the plates just slipping around on the pin because of the way they're designed? The ones which are so loose fitting anyway that they have a lot of side-to-side play, wearing your sprockets out faster? Not to mention the brutal stretching they under-go... Fully not a fan, as you may have been able to tell, haha.

Shadow Conspiracy chains? Well fitting? We are talking about the same Interlock V2s here, yeah? The Interlock V2s with mushroom-headed pins that lose their "mushrooming" if you join them once, leaving them susceptible to the plates just slipping around on the pin because of the way they're designed? The ones which are so loose fitting anyway that they have a lot of side-to-side play, wearing your sprockets out faster? Not to mention the brutal stretching they under-go... Fully not a fan, as you may have been able to tell, haha.

well i dont know why you have had such problems but i haveecountered none. Mine has minimal side play and minimal stretch, but oh well thats what i think on the half links.

The fact that I've run all manner of different chains with virtually no problem, yet both the KHE chains I had (and everyone's KHE that I've seen) stiffened up or snapped really easily suggests it's more chain than rider error?

I've always been a fan of the Collapse from a few years back. Currently running one on the bmx as well due to 25/9 and whole new drivechain setup. I used to experience the problems you speek of (apart from snapping) but now i've overcome the minor problems due to more care and time spent on the chain.

Either way i'm one for changing chains often, every few months on the trials bike.

These are very nice although I run a wide kmc kool as they are much cheaper and easier to maintain for trials. I snap chains relatively often so I'd rather go with the cheaper one you can just leave on your bike without much maintainance.

That one I linked is strong but is not unbreakable, I managed to break 2.

they look strong, basically I'm disparate, don't care how heavy it is just want a chain i can trust, snapped two kmc cools this month.

Why does everyone say that half lonks are cr*p, yes ill admit that the ÂŁ13 half link on crc is pretty poor but to be honest you get what you pay for. Get a shadow conspiracy its pricey but awesome i had one on 2 different bike for two styles of riding (same chain just swapped it) and i havent had a problem. I went from jump/freeride to trials and i have never had a problem with it apart from the fact that i butched my chain link extractor making the chain shorter as the pins are very well fitted lol. Shadow conspiracy for the win :).

got two of them sat in the shed because i dont know weather to trust them.

(Y) 3 years I ran my last one for.