Paypal

BenLeacock™

So if i started a paypal with out hooking a card up to it, id need to sell stuff like have paypal as a bank account ? Then i can use the credit in there to buy other stuff etc ?

You can 'load' money into your paypal account by linking a bank card to it, yes. So you don't have to sell stuff to get money in there.

Ive always felt like there is a massive taboo about paypal... feels like their making a lot of money from offering a service....

But what are the exact percentages? Ive got a debit account so can i set one up and link it direct to that? how simple isit to use?

Ive always felt like there is a massive taboo about paypal... feels like their making a lot of money from offering a service....

But what are the exact percentages? Ive got a debit account so can i set one up and link it direct to that? how simple isit to use?

They charged me 66p to recieve £13.50.

CBA working it out, you do it. :P

Yeah its about 4%. Fecking pain in the arse.

People should be made more aware of the fact that they can just go into a branch of the persons bank, with the person details who they want to pay money to, hand over the details and the money and it goes straight in.

So if I owe someone £10, and they give me their account number, sort code and branch (eg HSBC). I pop down into town, with £10 and their details. Go into HSBC and hand over the money & details and BAM. Hassle free (well, kinda) instant money transfer. No waiting around 4 days like with online transfers.

Yeah its about 4%. Fecking pain in the arse.

People should be made more aware of the fact that they can just go into a branch of the persons bank, with the person details who they want to pay money to, hand over the details and the money and it goes straight in.

So if I owe someone £10, and they give me their account number, sort code and branch (eg HSBC). I pop down into town, with £10 and their details. Go into HSBC and hand over the money & details and BAM. Hassle free (well, kinda) instant money transfer. No waiting around 4 days like with online transfers.

Ive just done a paypal now with 2 people, one gave me 5.15, the second gave me 5.30. This came out as being 9.69 :(

I agree bank transfers are beter but means you need to get off your arse :P