New Yaabaa "449" And "649"

The Duck

Don't forget the 499 also:

post-5427-1203327822_thumb.jpg

RRPs:

449: £329

499: £369

649: £499

All come with Try-All tyres and drilled rims.

You will notice the 449 has a shorter fork and stem - this is to fill the 'gap' for riders who are still a little small for a normal 20" bike.

Adam

looks like a rather good alternative to an onza t-????? , very tidy looking bikes with some very smart looking graphics

The T-Vee is the shortest mod Onza do and it has a wheel base of 1005, ;) I think the comment regarding meeting the Wasp's market is a good point.

Edited by Joe@Onza

Yeh it is a shame that no top end comp bikes make a bike for the inbetweenies, Rob is ok on the Hydroxx but suffers from the extra weight and size towards the end of a competition, he is a little over biked on it but handles it well.

We have a healthy number of riders approaching this point in the market, I was speaking to someone yesterday about what his lad wiil ride now he is too big for the 205, he doesn't have a clue what to put him on as he is far too small for a full size 20".

Yabba may well have played a blider.

JP

I was reffering that the T-???? range is for a differant market, The new Yaabaa's are reaching for the slightly younger rider. But thanks for the well thought and out well presented reply.

well your wrong, only the 449 ias for the younger riders. the other two are just standard mods.

anyhow the best value for money mod is the zm2 on trialsman. although i hear the zm3 is pretty immense too, cant find a price on one though

christ you two, go to msn?

They seem alright for me, but ash's point about the maggys is pretty valid. And of course second hand value will increase the amount of new riders.... may be able to pick one up for £50 on ebay or something

Have they brought out any new stocks?

Ok, is 990 a v.short wheelbase or not?

Lol i was remembering the conversation we had with ryan on friday.

Those new mods look nice to be perfectly onist i think they will sell well because of the style of frame its following the "long low and silver" style which a lot of people starting out in trials will like because they want to look like more experenced riders on more expensive bikes so this will help them sell well. Nice move Koxx

Joe

Do Onzas actually have a specific target market? I mean, the only people that seem to by any of them are chavvy little kids who go wheeling around shopping precincts. They are just cheap. These new Koxx bikes are aimed at the younger comp rider. This is crystal clear to me. I admire onza for being a UK company, the new frames they are prospected to kick out soon look pretty smart, but the current range is, well, wank for want of a better word.

I'm not educated in the art of frame construction or anything but is it more expensive to make a frame that actually has nice geo? For example the 'Hitman' and 'Cleaner' geometry - No BB rise. Why?

The T-Pro, is a good bike. I think this is designed for street riding beginners? Fantastic start, the geo is reasonably similar to other frames. However i find the T-Vee and T-Bird offerings to be... lacking in purpose? To me, they feel like riding a BMX with silly gearing. I think if they could put the cheaper parts onto a T-Pro frame, or a frame more similar to the T-Pro, they'd be onto a winner in my eyes.

The first thing to put me off Onza was my first bike - T-Mag '05/'06 i believe. I was a 8 stone child and i managed to snap it? Whats going on there? I seem to remember its RRP to be £279? I do realize this problem was rectified, but as a customer, I wasn't interested in a half price replacement when the product sold to me wasn't fit for purpose (or so I thought? Was I wrong in thinking that?). Just to add, this was slipping down to bash after slipping of a 2ft high wall!

Any the Limey (the first Limey), again, what was going on there? Is it that they weren't tested and just released to the public or what?

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of top-end stock frames, which I'd like to see, because I think you'd be more that capable of coming up with something pretty decent if you really got your heads down.

Sorry for the massive rant, sort of clogging my own thread. Started writing but just didn't stop. Wasn't supposed to be a dig at Onza, there are some questions for them in there somewhere.

well your wrong, only the 449 ias for the younger riders. the other two are just standard mods.

anyhow the best value for money mod is the zm2 on trialsman. although i hear the zm3 is pretty immense too, cant find a price on one though

The ZM3 will be very competitively priced and features very modern geometry (Y) also along with the Neon 20", They will also be available as complete builds all of which with very good spec and geometry. Prices TBC,

Back to the thread,

The KOXX range looks exciting and looks very promising:) Always good to have more completes available in the lower price range!

Do Onzas actually have a specific target market? I mean, the only people that seem to by any of them are chavvy little kids who go wheeling around shopping precincts. They are just cheap. These new Koxx bikes are aimed at the younger comp rider. This is crystal clear to me. I admire onza for being a UK company, the new frames they are prospected to kick out soon look pretty smart, but the current range is, well, wank for want of a better word.

I'm not educated in the art of frame construction or anything but is it more expensive to make a frame that actually has nice geo? For example the 'Hitman' and 'Cleaner' geometry - No BB rise. Why?

The T-Pro, is a good bike. I think this is designed for street riding beginners? Fantastic start, the geo is reasonably similar to other frames. However i find the T-Vee and T-Bird offerings to be... lacking in purpose? To me, they feel like riding a BMX with silly gearing. I think if they could put the cheaper parts onto a T-Pro frame, or a frame more similar to the T-Pro, they'd be onto a winner in my eyes.

The first thing to put me off Onza was my first bike - T-Mag '05/'06 i believe. I was a 8 stone child and i managed to snap it? Whats going on there? I seem to remember its RRP to be £279? I do realize this problem was rectified, but as a customer, I wasn't interested in a half price replacement when the product sold to me wasn't fit for purpose (or so I thought? Was I wrong in thinking that?). Just to add, this was slipping down to bash after slipping of a 2ft high wall!

Any the Limey (the first Limey), again, what was going on there? Is it that they weren't tested and just released to the public or what?

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of top-end stock frames, which I'd like to see, because I think you'd be more that capable of coming up with something pretty decent if you really got your heads down.

Sorry for the massive rant, sort of clogging my own thread. Started writing but just didn't stop. Wasn't supposed to be a dig at Onza, there are some questions for them in there somewhere.

Theres no need to have a go at onza, i think nearly all people on this forum or at least most will have learnt on a onza and there great bikes for the price.

No it doesnt cpst them more or less depending on the geo. And whats wrong with 0bb ino i would of hated to learn to ride on a gu with 60 bb i think id of quit striaght away. People on 0bb frames did things that where amazing years ago and would kick most peoples arses today.

Tpros are mint bikes for the money and have one of the best geos out now. Yeah they are based on a levelboss meaning onza where able to get them out to the market as a learner bike. And theres nothing wrong with tvee and tbirds they have a great purpose for people wanting to start but dont have alot of money. More than likely the gearing is as it is because it would be to expensive for them to run ffw setup which would push the price up. Also if i remember the gearing is lower so it will help younger riders who are more likely to get the bikes as there short.

All frames includeing expensive ones snap eventually, may be there was a little desgin fault meaning they where weak at the bash point area but only if you twat on walls. Onza have the best warrenty going but still people complain. Other companys would laff at you if you tryed to get something warrentied.

What was wrong with the first limey?? yeah quite a few snapped, but what frames doesnt, the new czars a few have snapped after 6months are riding but no one gives them stick as half the bum deng.

And they do have a top end stock frame called the limey 2.