My Bike Been Stolen Yay!

mrturner08

Well my Echo Control has bin stolen today, i'm so mad you dont under stand it. Live in a some new apartment's at thee top so i leave it out side my flat door and the only way to get in the building, is either a key or a i buzz you in.

So yeah.... i left my flat to go to work today, didn't reliase my bike had gone because i was going to be late for work..... 5 hours later came back still didn't reliase my bike had gone, till i wanted to go riding then i actually reliased it had gone. So one of me neighbours must of left the mane front door open. Can't think how else it had gone. Rang the police they aint going to do owt. So bit pissed off really! WAS such a nice bike aswell :(

quick spec:

Frame: Echo Control 26"

NEW Forks: Echo Control

Cranks: Echo 6061 Forged

Bars: Onza Alloy Riser

NEW wheels: Try-All -- front and back.

NEW Tyres: Try all -- front and back.

Hubs: BACK: Chris King SingleSpeed -- FRONT: Onza Sealed Disc

Brakes: BACK: hs33 cnc coust's -- FRONT: Hope Disc

NEW Chain Tensioners: 74Kingz SingleSpeed

Paul. :(

Edited by mrturner08

yeah cheers mate i hope so too,

there is a petrol station oppersite but the camera whats looks to the apartments had got stolen the other week or two ago.

Should be CCTV if they are new flats??? Or atleast nearby :(

I hope you get it back mate :(

Soooo many people can get into flat blocks mate, easy to say now but should have taken it indoors.

Quite a few of the main doors will have magnetic locks (easy to force open) or a route of access other than the main door. Also one of the neighbours could have had guests that have taken it, or someone could have let someone in... when you go out the main door, and someone is waiting to come in, do you slam the door in their face as they should have their own keycard, or do you just hold the door for them... definately not a secure place to leave an expensive bike!

Either way, report it to the police. Someone may get pissed off with it having a piddly little gear to ride in and dump it after five minutes.

Hope it turns up mate

Dan

Well my Echo Control has bin stolen today, i'm so mad you dont under stand it. Live in a some new apartment's at thee top so i leave it out side my flat door and the only way to get in the building, is either a key or a i buzz you in.

So yeah.... i left my flat to go to work today, didn't reliase my bike had gone because i was going to be late for work..... 5 hours later came back still didn't reliase my bike had gone, till i wanted to go riding then i actually reliased it had gone. So one of me neighbours must of left the mane front door open. Can't think how else it had gone. Rang the police they aint going to do owt. So bit pissed off really! WAS such a nice bike aswell :(

quick spec:

got any pics mate??

i live in notts and if i see it ill get it back for you...

hate them f'ing chavs who cant afford anything nice

so have to make everyone else suffer for there misfortune

so you left a nice bike, worth over a grand, sitting outside your front door, in a block of flats??? how thick are you?

Ben

Admittedly he should have it locked away, but I dont expect he needs you to tell him that now, whats the point even commenting??!!

Anyways hope you get it back, you should definitely get some pics up so people can see what it looks like and keep and eye out.

i'm sure he knows it was a dumb idea now guys, give him a break. I had a bike stolen on my birthday in January 2007 and I got hold of it again in August that year. Never thought I would see it again to be honest. Got really down about it at the time though, but the best thing to do is get saving and get another cheap bike sorted, then it may turn up and you can sell it or whatever.

But the police tracked cctv of the guy riding off on my bike, got his face and all but didn't make any difference at all.

Not thick at all. I have only 2 neighbours in my block and they are very friendy, but a few times they leave the bottom door open. So some one who knows me but i dont know them must of had it. So there is know need to lock it up, i know it stupid not to but, ive bin living there over 6 months now and ive had know problem's till the other day.

so you left a nice bike, worth over a grand, sitting outside your front door, in a block of flats??? how thick are you?

Ben

live in sandiacre!

whereabouts in notts?

Edited by mrturner08

quick spec:

thats proper sad that is

some chav wanted a bike

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE BOYS

well ive bin busy,

i have now got back my frame, forks, head-set, chris king back wheel + tyre (no inertube lol), front tyre, crank bolt's

Don't know where the rest is, YET.

Some little chav bin gettin it all back for me, but i think that little brat is in-it aswell. i think hes sh*tin it, i told him i'm gettin the police involved soon.

Soooo many people can get into flat blocks mate, easy to say now but should have taken it indoors.

Quite a few of the main doors will have magnetic locks (easy to force open) or a route of access other than the main door. Also one of the neighbours could have had guests that have taken it, or someone could have let someone in... when you go out the main door, and someone is waiting to come in, do you slam the door in their face as they should have their own keycard, or do you just hold the door for them... definately not a secure place to leave an expensive bike!

Either way, report it to the police. Someone may get pissed off with it having a piddly little gear to ride in and dump it after five minutes.

Hope it turns up mate

Dan

yeah they are easy to open.. like.... there is some near me.. all i do is kick the door and it opens up lol..