New Heatsinkbikes Products: 24uk Mk2 Frame

Heatsink

It makes your bike higher, if anything? Higher BB, slacker head-angle, raised front end? It wasn't so much that I meant that they "look" bad (although they do :P), the way he was riding it it just looked shitty. Seemingly had to be well careful with drops 'cos he was so far back over the bike anyway 'cos his centre of gravity was that much further back/higher. Good luck ever getting a twist on one too.

But yeah, if you're going over 4" you may as well get full sus, to be fair. A short-travel full sus bike would probably be way nicer to ride than a hardtail with mega-travel?

Not particularly big drops, it's just the feel and look of it - it just feels really low. My mate has an Identiti Dr Jekyll with the same forks as me and he feels the same.

I personally like the look of larger forks :)

But the Identiti is meant for sus forks with 130mm travel, which makes sense.

Anyway, I've seen a Cannondale Chase with a 160mm sus fork, 20 inch bmx with a 120mm sus fork, 24 inch bmx cruise with a 120mm sus fork. Now that's kinda weird.

Although already proven i will further re-affirm it. I ran a disk on mine and maggy, and did realise for sometime that it could actually take a Vee aswell, but i never tried. I ran a 4 pot hope (whatever it was called back in those days, with the lightning cut outs) and it never snapped either. The rest of the frame flexed like shit but the disc mount seemed ok.

Also, did they ever bring out the body armour/bashplates for them which could be mounted around thee BB and downtube. Such a crazy bike.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

There are some tweaks that will be added in the next batch, lets call it the Mk2.5, all from rider and forum feedback:

1. Slightly tweaked seat position to maximise ease of seat slamming without hitting the tyre.
  2. Slight raising of the seat stay - top tube join up the seat tube, to assist with (1) and also to improve looks.
  3. Integrated booster bottom edge is now revised for max tyre clearance (2.7" Maxxis tyre plus plenty of room if your wheel isn't 100% true)
  4. Under downtube gusset from BB is now decreased in length. It was rather long before! This improves looks and reduces weight.
  5. Rear Magura 4bolt spacing being reviewed. Possibly brought in from 103mm.
  6. Cable guides under top tube to be zip tie type ones. Even more cable hold when the frame is thrown around.

Finally the Paypal cart is working again on my site after over a week being down, so I'm looking forward to helping hook up more riders with 24UKs up until the 15th May Pre-order cut off date.

Expect detailed build guides going up on my site soon too, to help answer the many FAQs I get asked via email. Also, a photo based guide to how I got my new 24" specific forks sorted with Magura 4 bolt mounts added on the rear. I'll be building up an 24UK with these on very soon with all maguras F&R rather than the Vees F&R I've been running in recent years.

Steve

Magura mounts defently need to be brought in. To be honest in my opinion 103 is almost pointless on a 24'' - sure its wide enough for those big rims, but lets have it most people are running 29/32mm rims and its too much of a push.

I think bringing them in will help greatly. Also the down sizing of the gussets seems a nice idea. I'm sure very, very little strength is lost for a much nicer aesthetic.

Seat stay malarky should help a great deal too.

All these things should help out a great deal, hopefully won't dissapoint any mark 2 only owners.

Hi!

There are some tweaks that will be added in the next batch, lets call it the Mk2.5, all from rider and forum feedback:

1. Slightly tweaked seat position to maximise ease of seat slamming without hitting the tyre.
  2. Slight raising of the seat stay - top tube join up the seat tube, to assist with (1) and also to improve looks.
  3. Cable guides under top tube to be zip tie type ones. Even more cable hold when the frame is thrown around.

Steve

So the new 24UK's seat tube to top tube wouldn't be in a straight line? Doesn't look quite nice to me when I imagine how it would look like.

But the current cable guides seem to be a snug fit though.

All these things should help out a great deal, hopefully won't dissapoint any mark 2 only owners.

Haha, thankfully no.