New Heatsinkbikes Products: 24uk Mk2 Frame

Heatsink

Does it have std cable bosses for the vee steve? Looking back at my old Onza T-rex which had a similar mount setup the problem was when running the v-brake it only had hose mounts so you had to run a full length outer which resulted in muchyness.

Full length outer + linear slic or similar 'good' cable (as in, £5 or so) and it's excellent

Having a few sections of outer leads to more friction entering the ends, whereas a decent outer can really lower this.

Lubing it all up nicely is always nice too (grease on the inner, spray down the outer)

On Steve's bike it appeared to clear, 'cos yeah, that was one of my "Concerns" too.

Tomm - Odyssey's Linear Slic cables are designed to be run as a full outer, and at something like £6.99 they're not gonna break the bank either.

On Steve's bike it appeared to clear, 'cos yeah, that was one of my "Concerns" too.

What about with a 22T though? Looks like it should go - would be good to check.. I'm sure Steve's scuttled off to find some measuring implements, haha!

Ah, shit, yeah, forgot Steve would probably be running the Cloud9 setup. My bad :$

Hi,

I'm just getting a tensioner sorted, but couldn't resist sharing this with you before it's complete :)

Plenty of clearance between the V arms and cranks I'm pleased to say! More photos coming soon in the next few days.

post-201-1206349887_thumb.jpg

Steve

Looks like it would clear if you had 4 extra teeth on there. I know there's a figure for how much extra height you get per tooth, but I can't remember it right now. It'd probably be close, but I guess if you knew you wanted to run a V, you'd probably just get the V on top? I'd imagine Maguras would be easier to clear it on the underside 'cos they're thicker in the middle rather than at the bottom edge, like V's.

EDIT: Attachment's f**ked, just click the link to the post I guess...

On the subject of clearance..

Mike's rear wheel wouldn't even turn out of the box when he put his back wheel in because of the in-built booster. Was about 5mm off having *reasonable* clearance (think he had to grind down the booster!) using a Maxxis Holy Roller tyre which was about half worn down.

Arent those fairly low-profile tyres as well?! Wouldn't like to see it with a brand new Swampthing in there or something!

Edit:

mamba_7.jpg

What tyre is that? Seems to have loads of clearance from hitting the top of the booster. Odd

Edited by boon

Think there are some tyre clearance issues with the built in booster :S They look really really nice though.

The tyre clearance around the booster has been noted for sorting out on the next batch of frames :)

i think its to low. Looking at judders new one

that seems to be the reason no one likes the czar with a seat

I think you're right about this. It will be raised up a tad for the next frames.

Does it have std cable bosses for the vee steve? Looking back at my old Onza T-rex which had a similar mount setup the problem was when running the v-brake it only had hose mounts so you had to run a full length outer which resulted in muchyness.

The Vee mounts are the clip in type where you twist the cable in. For running full outers on which is what I've always preferred although I will of course yield if I'm in the minority!

What about with a 22T though? Looks like it should go - would be good to check.. I'm sure Steve's scuttled off to find some measuring implements, haha!

Haha, I will tonight :) I will be checking out clearance for the various brake permutations asap.

It seems that the low stand over with the seat stays in line to the top tube is linked to a number of things, so once I raise this up a tad with a check beforehand that everything works as a result for the brake & saddle clearance, then this is a great forward step.

Thanks for all your scrutiny of this and suggestions!

Steve

Hey Steve,

What's the longest sus fork you'd suggest to use with the 24?

Would like to get one in the summer once a job is sorted, was thinking of Z1 Bombers 150mm - would they be too big?

I ride a kind of "street jump trials" style, so a little trialsy stuff, stair sets, benches...

Hey Steve,

What's the longest sus fork you'd suggest to use with the 24?

Would like to get one in the summer once a job is sorted, was thinking of Z1 Bombers 150mm - would they be too big?

I ride a kind of "street jump trials" style, so a little trialsy stuff, stair sets, benches...

I'd say about about 50-80mm tops?

Hmm, shame, I love big forks :)

I have 100's on my Rhythm 24 but am gonna get 150 Bomber Z1's, with a view of changing all the parts on to a 24uk in the summer :)

150mm is total overkill on a street bike, or any hardtail in fact - let alone a trials bike. Don't do it, please!

150mm is total overkill on a street bike, or any hardtail in fact - let alone a trials bike. Don't do it, please!

Mine is an allrounder rather than trials bike... Trust me, me and my mate Nick both have the DJ3 100mm and both are looking to go to 150 - they are just too small!

What size drops are you doing that require 6" of travel?! Some guy came down to Southbank with a set of 150mm forks on, and his bike looked like it'd ride terribly. Ultra slack head-angle, and soft looooooong travel forks just make it look hideous. Putting that much travel on an even vaguely trials-related bike would be a huge mistake, not only because it'd feel gash, but also because you'd probably rip the headtube off it...

What size drops are you doing that require 6" of travel?! Some guy came down to Southbank with a set of 150mm forks on, and his bike looked like it'd ride terribly. Ultra slack head-angle, and soft looooooong travel forks just make it look hideous. Putting that much travel on an even vaguely trials-related bike would be a huge mistake, not only because it'd feel gash, but also because you'd probably rip the headtube off it...

Not particularly big drops, it's just the feel and look of it - it just feels really low. My mate has an Identiti Dr Jekyll with the same forks as me and he feels the same.

I personally like the look of larger forks :)