Which Is Better 06 Or 07?

JaMmY

its all personal preference. 07 rides different to 06 for sure. But a lot of 06's have broken :(. Craig, Abdab and Biff, just to name 3, have killed them. The chainstays have been bent on one of them too.

Just a few examples:

crack1dn4.jpg

crack2xj3.jpg

crack4nc6.jpg

crack3xo1.jpg

04 and 05 ones were way stronger. Early days were the glory days. Can't wait for 2008 zoos! coming sometime next month according to Deng

Edited by Sponge

Well i am thinking or buying kieran whitefields 07 python frame, its mint and hes letting me try it out.

what is the main differance between the 06 and 07 for them to ride totally different?

Edited by JaMmY

its all personal preference. 07 rides different to 06 for sure. But a lot of 06's have broken :(. Craig, Abdab and Biff, just to name 3, have killed them. The chainstays have been bent on one of them too.

04 and 05 ones were way stronger. Early days were the glory days. Can't wait for 2008 zoos! coming sometime next month according to Deng

To be fair they'll probably be just the same as 07 but with possibly different stickers or just no stickers at all. I've ALWAYS wanted an 04 python, I'd cut my leg off if I could ride one of them for just a week.

I have an 06 with ISIS bb if you want it.

Sorry to poach :$.......06 long, fair amount of scratches, one large dent in the downtube where an idiot rode into a wall. Won't affect strength, i think most/all mounts are hellicoiled, never seen a massive amount of action. Comes with fsa platinum BB as i glued it in and i've not tried to get it out. The bb shell sticks out a lil 5mm on the non drive side, but i rode it like that for ages and it's all good.

Offer me if you're interested.

Neil

P.S. If you are looking for any other bits just ask as i have a few bits knocking around (Y)

Ohh....in reply to the thread, i quite likes the 07 it did feel flicky on the back wheel, but just too long, so most other moves didn't feel nice. Chainstays felt too long, so it gapped ok, but you lose a fair bit of control and i found it harder to tuck in the air.

From Tarty:

Geometry (When measured with Echo Lite fork, available separately)

Wheelbase: Short 1030mm, Long 1045mm

Chainstay Length: 375mm

BB Rise: 55mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: Short 585mm (23"), Long 600mm (23.5")