Bargin On Ebay.

Muel

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Megamo-Pro-Equipe-Mo...3QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, they are Brand New, unground Echo 05 rims! on a bike that is going for £130.

The frame has been "professionally" chopped up and widened to take a 135mm hub, but your still getting those rims...

If you split it, nabbed off with the rims and flogged the rest, I reckon you could get it back?

I do hope that frame has been heat treated or otherwise the poor sole who bought it will have it in 2 pieces in not so long.

Can guarantee it hasnt :)

The whole frame would need to be normalised then retempered to suit, both processes would have destroyed the paint.

I was watching this aswell, as a project bike, but am half glad i didnt bid after reading these comments!! hahaha!! Was it really that bad a bike!? Even for £150 including postage!?

I thought it was a bargain, but hey, i dont know!! :S

They were aluminium rotors that megamo used for a while, I havn't heard that they were particularly shit compared to what you would consider 'normal'

Vents are only really needed to if the disk is getting hot, aluminium is a much better heat conductor than stainless steel so it doesnt need the vents to stop it warping, likewise the cast iron disk on my supermoto is unvented yet its better than any stainless steel disk of the same size :)

But surley it would heat up regardless of what meterial its made from, hence vents??

Agreed, but consider how you use your brakes, generally they are either off or on, rather than on say, a downhill bike, where you would drag them alot more.

yes it would heat up, but not as easily as a steel one does. when you consider the low speed of trials you wouldn't have a problem. that disk would last five mins on my downhill bike though my current steel rotor is cherry red on a decent 1 mile descent.

edit: too slow

Edited by G4vyn

Agreed, but consider how you use your brakes, generally they are either off or on, rather than on say, a downhill bike, where you would drag them alot more.

Ahh i see know, Im kinda used to riding Freeride and like you say theres more modulation in them.Still a stupid desigh i would of thaught you'd get better breaking from a 'normal' style rotar

Ahh i see know, Im kinda used to riding Freeride and like you say theres more modulation in them.Still a stupid desigh i would of thaught you'd get better breaking from a 'normal' style rotar

More friction surface = more braking power ;)

to be honest i like it i love how those frames ride + the fact that i have 2 spare f+r pro2 trials hubs in red and i could fit them a breeze unlike any other mod(stupid 116mm standard mod spacing lol) so i might buy it B) it would be mint as and a fun project plus heat treating aint a problem for me as my dads mate does

profesional aluminium welding and can heat treat it no probs (Y)

Edited by ANDY-MBK-RIDER

to be honest i like it i love how those frames ride + the fact that i have 2 spare f+r pro2 trials hubs in red and i could fit them a breeze unlike any other mod(stupid 116mm standard mod spacing lol) so i might buy it B) it would be mint as and a fun project plus heat treating aint a problem for me as my dads mate does

profesional aluminium welding and can heat treat it no probs (Y)

£10000 says you don't ?