Discounts On A Bike Purchase?

somberlaine

Hello,

I'll keep this short and simple - I'm looking to spend about £1,800 on a bike and would ideally like some sort of discount because it's a lot of money. So I need a list of places where it's possible to buy trials bikes so that I can go and ask them all individually. I know of only tarty bikes and selectbikes.com. Any others?

Cheers,

Hello,

I'll keep this short and simple - I'm looking to spend about £1,800 on a bike and would ideally like some sort of discount because it's a lot of money. So I need a list of places where it's possible to buy trials bikes so that I can go and ask them all individually. I know of only tarty bikes and selectbikes.com. Any others?

Cheers,

Im pretty sure tartys do a 5-10% discount if you buy a full build from them.

By the way..just beacuse your spending alot of money on a full bike..why should YOU get a discount. Other people spend that amoutn of money on bikes to. Do you go into a car showroom saying ur gonna spend 10k and you want a discount??

Just my 2cent.

Thanks Ravemonkey and Joe.

I get the impression you are taking offense, Joe. Obviously everyone is eligible for a discount. But I think you will find it hard to get a significant discount if you are spending £5 in a shop, rather than £5,000. The more you are spending, the more leverage you have. I haven't come in here just to say, 'look at me I'm spening some money' and obviously I wasn't saying that I am special, I deserve discount over everyone else.

Do you go into a car showroom saying ur gonna spend 10k and you want a discount??

Damn straight! Milk 'em for all they're worth- especially car dealers! :D

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm still a student bum but when I've bought cars and motorbikes I've always gone for free tax, a tank of fuel, free accessories etc to sweeten the deal for me... usually works too!

Thanks Ravemonkey and Joe.

I get the impression you are taking offense, Joe. Obviously everyone is eligible for a discount. But I think you will find it hard to get a significant discount if you are spending £5 in a shop, rather than £5,000. The more you are spending, the more leverage you have. I haven't come in here just to say, 'look at me I'm spening some money' and obviously I wasn't saying that I am special, I deserve discount over everyone else.

Yer i understand that. Sorry if i sounded abit harsh.

What im trying to say is...

If you went to tartys/trials-uk/whoever...im sure they would knock off a couple of quid..but dont expect a great amount off.

My bike was built by Tarty last December and I have yet to find fault with any of the assembly work. Most bikes you buy from bigger dealers will need to be pulled apart and greased etc. before use, but there was copper grease in every bolt thread I opened - fantastic attention to detail, definitely not seem in volume manufacturers :). There are factors to consider other than price when you're looking to buy a bike.

Edited by psycholist

Im pretty sure tartys do a 5-10% discount if you buy a full build from them.

By the way..just beacuse your spending alot of money on a full bike..why should YOU get a discount. Other people spend that amoutn of money on bikes to. Do you go into a car showroom saying ur gonna spend 10k and you want a discount??

Just my 2cent.

yeah you should get discount lol, my mates dad went in and bought a honda jazz and because he paid cash there and then he got 1400 pound of it

By the way..just beacuse your spending alot of money on a full bike..why should YOU get a discount.

Thing is though, if the profit margin on a single item is, say, 30%, then if you're spending £20 or so, Tarty is earning £6 but then someone has to maybe advise the customer on the order, process it, pack it, post it etc. But if someone is spending £2000, of which £600 is "profit" for the shop, they can afford to knock 10% off and still make a lot of money on that single transaction.

It's just the way of the world. Obviously I have no idea what Tarty's profit margins are (probably not that high!) but the point stands.

It's like if I said you could buy penny sweets for 0.5p each, and sell them on the street one at a time for 1p each, you'd tell me to piss off. But if someone wanted to buy 10 000 sweets, you could sell that to them and make 100% profit on your investment which I'm sure you'd do, even with a bit of discount.

Thing is though, if the profit margin on a single item is, say, 30%, then if you're spending £20 or so, Tarty is earning £6 but then someone has to maybe advise the customer on the order, process it, pack it, post it etc. But if someone is spending £2000, of which £600 is "profit" for the shop, they can afford to knock 10% off and still make a lot of money on that single transaction.

It's just the way of the world. Obviously I have no idea what Tarty's profit margins are (probably not that high!) but the point stands.

It's like if I said you could buy penny sweets for 0.5p each, and sell them on the street one at a time for 1p each, you'd tell me to piss off. But if someone wanted to buy 10 000 sweets, you could sell that to them and make 100% profit on your investment which I'm sure you'd do, even with a bit of discount.

Hit the nail on the head there! Im with you for definate!

(im not licking ar*e) <_<

Owen

Hello,

Cheers,

“Invisible” discounts available on request can upset those that were afraid to ask. I prefer straight forward pricing that’s available to all. For £1800 you could buy two bikes similar to those ridden by James Hyland or Ben Savage – good value without a discount.