Danny Swindlehurst

Danny Swindlehurst

u can keep my images danny, im not an uptight arsehole.

I think it's more the fact he wanted to be asked...

A local photographer that shoots at my nights was happy I asked him if I could use his pics for my site... Of course he said yes, but if I hadn't of asked him I imagine he'd be kinda pissed :)

EDIT: Quoted from my site:

"Here's a small selection of Low Resolution photographs just to give you an idea of what we're about at TS... These are from the February 2007 Archive shot by local photographer Andy, also known as AMagicko - If you want him to take some snaps for you just email us and we'll hook you up!

He's a brilliant photographer, and a nice guy too - thanks for the photos Andy!"

Edited by TheScientist

• 2 months later...

That's bullshit....

Haha.

You've already been told about spelling and grammar, so I'll leave that out.

If you're making a site to promote yourself and your riding, atleast get a proper one - and not some shitty freewebs alternative.

Webspace/domains come pretty cheap now....

I mean... there's adverts ALL over the page, and more pop up every time you click a link.

On the picture copyright thing - the way I understand it:

You can tell them you don't want them to photograph you, and if they do - they're in trouble.

If you don't specify - they're not at fault for taking pictures of you. How do you think people can take photo's of crowds, without having to ask everyone in it?

If they've taken a picture - it's their artwork, and so they hold the copyright. If you use the picture without his permission - you're in trouble. The fact that you're in the picture is irrelevant... ...and I can guarantee you didn't tell him not to take pictures of you.

Alright give the kid a break. Its still a working progress obviously and its his first website so hes only looking for some helpfull feedback not all of you having a go at him. You could have been a bit more suttle about what your saying. Keep working at it Danny it'll be an amazing website in no time I'm sure. Just dont forget to proof read everything you write and as already said maybe think about getting a domain because people often exit a site as soon as they realise everytime they open a new page it brings pop ups with it. Ohh and on the home page make all the links visible without having to scroll over them otherwise most people wont find them.

Hope this helps.

Jake