Fort William Trial In June

BikeTrial Federation

No the Uci qualifying thing at Blackpool last weekend, can I the World Trial at Fort William.

It was Junior 26".

The trial in Fort william isnt a world event, its a normal event run at the same time as the DH and 4X world cup.

Just looked on results, and says you rode cadet 20" on the uci day, and junior 26" on the second day.( that right?)

At the uci world championship in italy there is only junior and elite, so if you were riding cadet, i dont think you would be old enough to ride in junior at the worlds, may be wrong though, and the second day where it says you rode junior 26, wasnt a uci qualifier, it was a uk federation comp.

Hope i got my facts right,may be talking crap lol

Hope this helps mate

The trial in Fort william isnt a world event, its a normal event run at the same time as the DH and 4X world cup.

Just looked on results, and says you rode cadet 20" on the uci day, and junior 26" on the second day.( that right?)

At the uci world championship in italy there is only junior and elite, so if you were riding cadet, i dont think you would be old enough to ride in junior at the worlds, may be wrong though, and the second day where it says you rode junior 26, wasnt a uci qualifier, it was a uk federation comp.

Hope i got my facts right,may be talking crap lol

Hope this helps mate

Your right about the results but I rode a 26" in both days so I was in the wrong class there. So in two weeks at Fort William is there a world UCI Comp?

Some points about the Fort William event.

We have held a Trial in conjunction with the World Cup for some years now at the invitation of the event organisers. Each year has offered something different, from a one off club Trial, to a full on World Championship in 07 to a round of our National Championships in 08. Fort William offers Trials riders one opportunity to savour the excitement of International Downhill and FourX without leaving the U.K. In addition to day time cycling activity there is a full schedule of entertainment planned in the town including live music.

Those wishing to compete PLEASE NOTE.

Our events enjoy significantly higher entries than any other U.K. series, but entries are becoming more and more difficult to administer to due to competitors entering at the last possible opportunity. At Blackpool we achieved close on 100 competitors, four days before the event we had approximately 20 entries. I have to say I was worried at that point, having looked at numbers attending events held by other organisations around that date, (they achieved very low attendance), was 20 riders a reality that we had to contend with?

Fortunately not!

Events cannot run without the cooperation of the riders. Out of consideration for those that take the trouble to run comps for you the riders to enjoy, you should submit your entry in good time.

Fort William is a special case;

Passes for riders and minders/companions need to be allocated. This needs to be done in good time. If you turn up without a pass you will face paying a substantial entrance fee to get into the event, so PLEASE get your entries in early.

Entry form can be found through link below.

ENTRY FORM

Edited by BikeTrial Federation

haha pick me and tom up on the way through chai? can stop here on the way up? i've actually got a weekend free so would be great to get up to the trial, uknational series comps are always good. I liked the sections up at fort bill last year to

Just a reminder, it's next Saturday!

Please please please, if you haven't already got your entry to me ... DO IT NOW! We need to know how many free entry passes to get.

The on-line entry form will be removed on Thursday afternoon, and I will be setting off to Fort Bill before the mail arrives on Friday so don't leave it till last minute.

A note will be posted on here, and on www.biketrialuk.co.uk on how/when/where to collect your free entry tickets to the main event in advance - you can't sign on until you're in there!

See you in Scotland (Y)

When are we likely to receive our passes for the competition fred / barbara???

Ta

ben

A full list of competitors will be sent to the event organisers. Together we will decide on a convenient location for all riders to collect their passes.

Once the location has been set info will be placed on our web site and the forum.

Keep the entries coming – it’s shaping up to be a great weekend.

Fred.

A full list of competitors will be sent to the event organisers. Together we will decide on a convenient location for all riders to collect their passes.

Once the location has been set info will be placed on our web site and the forum.

Keep the entries coming – it’s shaping up to be a great weekend.

Fred.

Fred what day is this likely to be posted, as most of us are setting off late thursday evening/ friday morning and won't have access to a computer.

Regards

Ashley Smith

Fred is travelling up there tomorrow (Wednesday). He will finalise details and phone me. Full information will be posted on www.biketrialuk.co.uk and on here as soon as we know (I haven't got a pass myself yet!)

I will be setting off early on Friday morning - you have my mobile number to get information if you've left home before information is posted.

Don't worry ... if you've entered the comp then you'll get your passes. (Y)

Perhaps if people had entered earlier we could have had them mailed to you in advance!!!! :giggle:

Barbara

Fred is travelling up there tomorrow (Wednesday). He will finalise details and phone me. Full information will be posted on www.biketrialuk.co.uk and on here as soon as we know (I haven't got a pass myself yet!)

I will be setting off early on Friday morning - you have my mobile number to get information if you've left home before information is posted.

Don't worry ... if you've entered the comp then you'll get your passes. (Y)

Perhaps if people had entered earlier we could have had them mailed to you in advance!!!! :giggle:

Barbara

I entered at the start of may and there has been no sign of them :(

Edited by RossMcd

Im not taking my mansion of a tent this time Jamie! just a mini one :P Glen nevis is our primary target, hopefully see you there, like i said, I'll text you when we know.

Me and Jonesy are leaving at 6:30....fooookin hell.....