Has Anyone Ever Ridden Heatsink Snowys?

lehman GU

iv'e had mine for ages..

well my mate had them for about 4 months on a lightish grind...

then I run them for about 5 months and the snapped the plastic backings before I wore the pad down to 4mm

I started running zoo's on a smooth for a couple of months but now im back on the SAME snowys.

then again i run a front disk and i use that most of the time so i down brake with my back brake going down hills ect:

the brake is mint holds like a beast and is really loud on a harsh grind

Hope iv'e helped

Rick

EDIT: "05" maggie leaver, water bleed, monty splitter, snowys, harsh grind.

Edited by onzat-comp

I've been running the Snowys for about 2 years now and I wouldn't run anything else. I find they are the perfect balance between a hard and soft pad, I used to have lots of problems with grinds dying to quick in comps using a hard pad or pads being to soft. The snowys don't feel mushy at the lever either.

I use them on the rear with just a normal magura no booster. I ride british and world champs and they are perfect!!

Aurelien Fontenoy (UCI Jr World Champ) has started using Snowies recently, following on after so much success with the Heatsink CNC backed pads. He's really pleased with these white HSB pads. He's given me an enthusiastic thumbs up for these being his pads of choice this season.

I was wondering recently if the success of Heatsink CNC backings has distracted abit from the plastic backed HSB pads. I should get back to reminding riders about these! They are the product of inordinate hours of work, and I'm proud of their quality and performance after so much investment of time and money.

Back to cooking the tea!

Steve

Aurelien Fontenoy (UCI Jr World Champ) has started using Snowies recently, following on after so much success with the Heatsink CNC backed pads. He's really pleased with these white HSB pads. He's given me an enthusiastic thumbs up for these being his pads of choice this season.

I was wondering recently if the success of Heatsink CNC backings has distracted abit from the plastic backed HSB pads. I should get back to reminding riders about these! They are the product of inordinate hours of work, and I'm proud of their quality and performance after so much investment of time and money.

Back to cooking the tea!

Steve

Steve I have a favour.

Is it possible to get Snowys cut to Cnc backings?

I have some cnc backings sat in my room and really want to use them agian.

I'm also intrested in snowys but I cant be bothered to take them out of the backings, trim them and then glue them back into cnc backing.

Is it possible to do that for me?

Will pay good money.

:)

Hello!

I can sort this out for you no probs (Y) Please email me to discuss.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve I have a favour.

Is it possible to get Snowys cut to Cnc backings?

I have some cnc backings sat in my room and really want to use them agian.

I'm also intrested in snowys but I cant be bothered to take them out of the backings, trim them and then glue them back into cnc backing.

Is it possible to do that for me?

Will pay good money.

:)

Back to cooking the tea!

Steve

Why not put snowys in CNC backing's?... or all pads for that matter the CNC backing's are superior to the plastic ones and i think it would be interesting to what people prefer when there is no difference between backing's beeing less superior OR you could start selling all pads without backings then add options like CNC or plastic backing's or none (for those who aready have CNC backings

Just a thought for you

Hope iv'e helped

Rick

Why not put snowys in CNC backing's?... or all pads for that matter the CNC backing's are superior to the plastic ones and i think it would be interesting to what people prefer when there is no difference between backing's beeing less superior OR you could start selling all pads without backings then add options like CNC or plastic backing's or none (for those who aready have CNC backings

Just a thought for you

Hope iv'e helped

Rick

I have to say I dont think that is right.

When I had cnc backings my brake hardly flexed and now I have Koxx browns with plastic backings it flexe's like a bitch.

I can also feel it as well.

only my opion.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say I dont think that is right.

When I had cnc backings my brake hardly flexed and now I have Koxx browns with plastic backings it flexe's like a bitch.

I can also feel it as well.

only my opion.

I was just saying why not put options for pads ither plastic or CNC backings....... I don't know how you can say "I don't think that is right" because I wasen't saying wether plastic or CNC backings were better just to put a option on heatsink wether to have plastic or CNC or maybe even vee :- just my oppinion but i think quite a few people would switch to vee if there were a few more pads on the market... anybody agree??

Hope iv'e helped

rick

i used to run snowies on a sharp light grind, fantastic bite, great hold and not stupidly noisy.

i think the idea of having all materials available as a pad insert only and then choosing if you want a backing is a great one, custom build your pads to suit.